KingSong S18 won’t charge

S18rBreh

My new s18 all of a sudden will not charge since updating the firmware. The charger when plugged in is red at first, but then will very quickly turn green and/or blink red green red green over and over for long periods of time. Under the diagnostics menu in the soft turner app it says “not charging” for the battery settings when unplugged  but otherwise returns no diagnostic errors or issues. I’ve tried two different chargers, both from KingSong and for the s18 and they both have the same effect. I’ve tried to reinstall the firmware and downgraded back down to 2.07 then it had me reinstall back up to 2.09. But still, same issue. Earlier today when it was charging but turned off I was able to connect to the device through the KingSong app and it said it had gained 46% charge however when I unclogged and turned it on later in the night, it said 0% in the app. It’s odd though, because for 0% it let’s me ride it for a while before turning off and is also very steady (indication it has sufficient power) do you think my phone could have done something to its software? I did notice the wheel randomly turning on on its own a few times since this has been happening…. I also have a number of KingSong .ips logs in my diagnostics in my phone. Anyone have any idea what’s could be wrong?

Screen shot of most recent diagnostic logs from iPhone  

Thank you for any knowledge on this matter 

• Like 1

I am not sure what is causing the intermittent red/green charger problem but sometimes the Kingsong App can be a bit clunky and show 0% charge. If this happens to me I reconnect the app to the wheel and it then it picks up the right data (series of beeps) and shows the correct charge. Incidentally if you do not have a network connection to the app it will not show the battery charge state. ie will show 0%. I running on 2.07

19 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Incidentally if you do not have a network connection to the app it will not show the battery charge state. ie will show 0%. I running on 2.07

One can use Darknessbot, euc World or wheellog to get data shown without internet connection.

Afaik with euc World one can change to other historic firmware versions.

23 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I am not sure what is causing the intermittent red/green charger problem

The charger changes from red to green once the current drops below some threshold (~300-400mA).

So this could be any kind of loose contact.

Afair also the motherboard can measure and switch the charging current?

The battery BMSs measure single cell voltage too and can cut off the charging input. The three bms are connected via sync wires to cut off charging all together.

So an fault regarding the above points could cause such a charger behaviour.

A firmware fault seems unprobable as this would affect all ks18 users with this fw version!

• Like 1

It's time to contact your reseller. You might want to use one or more apps (KS and DarknessBot) to see what the battery voltage is but regardless, the red-green-red-green behavior of the multiple chargers you've tried isn't expected and the wheel needs some tender loving return-and-replace action.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, w00loo said:

hello. 

Same problem here, charger blinking red/green. KS S18 2450km. Bought it in France in november 2020.

Loosen cell. Had the same problem a couple of times.

• 10 months later...