Inmotion v8 printable pedal surface

Yevhenii

Look very nice.

If dirt, water, debris etc accumulates on the pedals.....how hard would it to be to clean, drain, dry? 

How deep are the rectangular spaces?

Or are they open/grill, so debris/water falls through.

Can't tell from the picture.

Edited by Paul A
typo

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That's pretty cool! How robust are they, will the spikes break off if you wear something like hiking boots?

Thanks. I've printed these with PETG for test, 50km with kinda hiking boots and lot of bumps riding, no visible wearing so far. I'm sure if printed with Nylon it over-live a boots :)

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Look very nice.

If dirt, water, debris etc accumulates on the pedals.....how hard would it to be to clean, drain, dry? 

Are deep are the rectangular spaces?

Or are they open/grill, so debris/water falls through.

Can't tell from the picture.

This design was made as a drop-in replacement of the top plate (metal and grinding paper), without any mods to pedal bracket itself. But it is possible to make some holes through the whole pedal. While spikes are over the top of dirt it holds much better than grinding paper.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, supercurio said:

They look awesome! Great job!

Same, I wonder how robust are plastic spikes. Probably okay when printed in Nylon.
A hard TPU might work well also in that case, making it pretty tough.

Thanks. Hard TPU is a good replacement for Nylon as well, much easier to print. D70 or harder.

Also, I've tried abs-nylon sandwich by changing filament on a specified height. Easier to print than  Nylon only, due to shrinkage.

IMG_20211101_181847.jpg

• Like 2

PSA:  from RockyTop, 

I have spent lots of time and money on 3D printers. I have learned everything the hard way. If you are creative, if you watch YouTube videos and get tired of every one fixing every problem with the words, “ I just printed these out.” Here are my two words of advice. 1) it is time to get a 3D printer. 2) Unless you like being frustrated, buy a Prusa. They actually look cheap but they work, and they work well. 

Any then you can say, “I’ll just print one!” 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Any then you can say, “I’ll just print one!” 

I'm afraid for me it'd be "I'll just --- spend 6 hours fiddling with settings and make myself yet another bowl of spaghetti that is permanently stuck to this hot plate thing". I wish I had time for another hobby, but I'm not allowed to bring anything else into the house until I can let go of something I already treasure. But there's a ton of doodads I'd like to be able to make so am inching closer to the edge. 

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2