How to buy an EUC direct from manufacture?

Heard good things about buying an EUC from sites like Alibaba, AliExpress, BangGood etc but I also hear other stories where people got scammed so wonder how can we just buy directly from a manufacture?

Edited by AeonDrone
Typo fix

Manufacturers don’t generally have the business set up in a way that would enable selling directly to customers, at least in large amounts. Any warranty issues would also be more difficult to handle.

Doesn’t Ewheels sell to Canada? If they do, no point in considering importing yourself from overseas.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, AeonDrone said:

Heard good things about buying an EUC from sites like Alibaba, AliExpress, BangGood etc but I also hear other stories where people got scammed so wonder how can we just buy directly from a manufacture?

There are plenty of distributors who are reputable. Many also provide additional support after purchase which is very useful. I agree with @mrelwoodthere is no point importing yourself. If you find a distributor that you need an opinion on just post a thread in the forum I'm sure many people would happily provide you with their experiences.  

My experience for example - I purchased my V10F from a company called beyond PEV based in the UK. I can confirm they are a legitimate company and they actually shipped my order next working day which was pretty sweet. 

Edited by EUCandME
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Doesn’t Ewheels sell to Canada? If they do, no point in considering importing yourself from overseas.

There are several reputable distributors in Canada and it appears most of the US distributors will ship to Canada. No manufacturers I'm aware of will sell single wheels directly to riders.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 7:20 PM, AeonDrone said:

Inmotion is one of few that have a direct store to customers.  They sell though a website I forgot what is. But also on AliExpress as Inmotion Global. 

But when you buy from these places it is an "international warranty" witch often isn't as strong as local country warranty. 

These is also a high risk of import fee and tax. 

I am not familiar with Canada market, but depending on brand and model I am sure you can find a reseller on Canada. Buying from a manufacturer isn't a guarantee after sale service is great. It can have its barriers like shipping cost, culture difference, language issues and limitations to what some customers expect too. 

On this forum we have a reseller list thread. I didn't look though it but you are very likely to find a reseller on here for Canada. 

Update: Inmotion stopped selling on AliExpress directly since summer 2021. They now refer to www.amazon.com/inmotion

Edited by Unventor
Updated due to message at AliExpress store.
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 1:20 PM, AeonDrone said:

In most cases you aren't in a position to buy direct from manufacturer.

Alibaba - Typically direct from manufacture (assuming you find the official storefront). Minimum order quantity usually applies. Import duties usually buyer's responsibility.
Aliexpress - Typically reseller (unless the manufacturer has their own storefront here, like Inmotion). Taxes usually covered by seller.

I've bought EUC from Alibaba as part of a group buy. Also have bought many things from Aliexpress including EUC. In both cases, treat it as final sale with no warranty. Aliexpress is safer in the sense that the seller doesn't receive the funds until you confirm you have received the goods - the tip is DO NOT click confirm goods received until the last possible date as this is your effective "warranty". Anything that happens afterwards, it is up to the seller if they want to help. Also given the cost of shipping, it is effectively final sale even within the "warranty" period. So for example if you buy a wheel and then want to return it, then don't expect any response unless you're willing to ship it back. But at least they can't scream at you like crazy people. ;)

• Like 1