How do you know you're buying a safe and quality EUC on Aliexpress?

Vam Monaco

5 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

I've read here that you can save hundreds of dollars buying an EUC on Aliexpress.

In the US local resellers imho have about the same price as Aliexpress resellers?

But still some hundreds of dollars cheaper would be way to expensive - one looses warranty/legally enforcable consumer rights.

How do you know you're not getting dangerous junk?

Aliexpress/paypal "dispute system" normally works out well. But this does not guarantee any rights - it's just their internal arbitration...

Most buyers are not aware that for DOA, not fully functional wheels, etc they have bear the cost of shipment back to china!

Which is more than some hundreds of dollars saved...

Edit: PS.: As it seems from reports here "smaller" repairs like motherboard replacements seem to be handled nicely from (?some?) aliexpress sellers.

Edited by Chriull

I have no personal experience, since i'm not in the us.

Afaik (one of) the first reseller is ewheels.com, with many positive reports here.

Euco.com seems to do well, too.

And alien rides was mentioned to sell wheels.

A nice way to search to forum to make up your own opinion is with the following google search term:

site:forum.electricunicycle.org ewheels

or any other vendor.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

Who are some good US sellers that will ship to New Orleans?

I'm in California and I bought an Inmotion V8F from eWheels.com last December. I sold that last week and I bought a V8S from eWheels.com again. No problems. 

which EUC are u looking at?

The reason it's cheaper is because it's a gamble that few people are willing to risk taking. The way I see it, any added cost you might pay when buying from a reputable retailer is for the peace of mind that what you're purchasing is not a piece of junk and that you'll receive support should it give you trouble.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, Rodo said:

I'm in California and I bought an Inmotion V8F from eWheels.com last December. I sold that last week and I bought a V8S from eWheels.com again. No problems. 

which EUC are u looking at?

I've been looking at these:

Gotway RS    (C30)   
Monster v3      
InMotion V12
Nikola Plus    
Msuper X PLUS   
MSuper Pro 100V   

It's worth noting at the present time if you are ordering anything from China you are going to wait a looooong time to get it. The shipping situation is continuing to deteriorate by the day. There are so many ships trying to get cargo into CA ports they've literally run out of parking spaces in the ocean (anchor points) and ships are just drifting. I would guess any order would take at least 3-6 months at this point. Maybe you could get it shipped via air freight to bypass the bottleneck but that would likely eat up any cost savings. It's just not worth the headache at the moment IMO.

Ordered 2 EUC, and 2 ebikes from AliExpress. Problem free. 

Sherman was $1000 CDN cheaper than local at the time. After factoring tax. 

also local didn’t include pads, seat, fender. Which was included by WheelRiders. I also negotiated a second charger for the same price and they included a sceeen protector.

It took 3 months to arrive but stock was fresh. The seller was not a yes man. He told me he didn’t know he what was happening to the rim size. When it arrived it had the newest rim. I have a feeling they drop ship direct from Gotway.

They also sent a video packing my items. 

• Like 1