V11 Bearings

EUC Endurist

Hey guys 👋 

I could need some help with a part in my v11. 

I opened it up for a bearing change when i discovered those things I initially thought are seals. 

i damaged them a little. If theyre only distance-place holder i could reassemble my V11 today. If those are seals i have to wait until the 3d printer guy has some spare time :/

Would be glad if u can help me with an answer. 

best regards

B1FE6D83-DBF4-44A2-B02E-9998B6E25F32.jpeg

BCA27E54-2278-4E65-8743-06BCB1D45BF6.jpeg

EE005317-490C-43C8-94E1-F423E7B5E21D.jpeg

I strongly recommend against using the 3d printed version of these seals. I have ruined several bearings with these home made seals.  You can however (if you have the 6916 bearings) pic up a mass produced seal from e-wheels that seems to be better suited for the wheel.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, Tryptych said:

Those are 3d printed seals to protect the bearings (no idea what you mean by 'distance placeholders')

thank you I do understand the function now :p

I initially thought it was there do maintain a certain/evenly distance between the bearing and the "housing"

thx for ur answer

On 9/19/2021 at 7:31 AM, madhatt said:

I strongly recommend against using the 3d printed version of these seals. I have ruined several bearings with these home made seals.  You can however (if you have the 6916 bearings) pic up a mass produced seal from e-wheels that seems to be better suited for the wheel.

everything would be good if I had the 6916 motor version xD

i bought skf bearings for 100€ a piece only to discover that there are 2 types of v11 motors. Opened up the fucking thing just to see that i bought the wrong bearings. fuck me, just looked on a yt video and ordered exactly the same type (6916). too bad that i got the 68xy version^^

but they came fast from Kugellagerexpress.de and the V11 is running again :D

thx for your reply

• Like 1

For posterity:

On 1/21/2021 at 3:18 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Inmotion changed V11 motor covers from bearing size 6816, to size 6916.

It's best to confirm it by inspecting the markings on your old bearings. The size code will be etched on the edge of the metal race, or molded into the seal, or both.

Or, measure them:
6816 is 100mm outer diamater;
6916 is 110mm.

They both use 'rubber seals, both sides' which is seal code 2RS, as you said.

The brand is unknown, but standard-fit bearings of this size should be compatible, because the size is standardized by industry.

Hope this helps

How did you ruin your bearings with 3D printed seals? And did you print them correctly with the right amount of infill? (Printing with default low infill seems to be a common mistake, specs for these seals says 80% and default on printers are usually 20% that's why I'm asking). What material did you use?

Edited by Rawnei

On 9/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, Rawnei said:

How did you ruin your bearings with 3D printed seals? And did you print them correctly with the right amount of infill? (Printing with default low infill seems to be a common mistake, specs for these seals says 80% and default on printers are usually 20% that's why I'm asking). What material did you use?

I cracked the original sealing and was worried about a possible water damage to the new bearings when im not replacing the sealings. I took the old one with a crack now because the new bearings should be waterproof anyway and I dont think something will get into the hollow motor. 

I let them print at a nearly 3d shop. theyre really good, printed a few things for my ks16x too. 

design is from thingiverse and material is my guys problem. he said he´ll find something that does the trick :D

On 9/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, stephen said:

I have a v11 motor for sale it's still got the old bearings in but the motor is fine if sometime wanted a spare to keep ,UK though

just curious, what would you want for it? 

and to clarify we speak about rim and motor ?^^ 

my rim has some serious damage..

thanks for your answer, I ordered some from kugellagerexpress.de theyre really fast cheap and have a good stock