Future Unicycle

MetricUSA

The problem are the IATA regulations of the aviation cargo companies? Customs have only problems if the goods are not declared in the right manner. Kingsong has CE, MSDS declaration. It's very difficult or unpossible to ship an EU if declared so. I think we mix things up.

On 16.1.2016 at 2:01 AM, Donald1800 said:

If shipping to USA/Customs restrictions is preventing orders, USA distributors should consider ordering KS units without battery packs and having quality USA assembled/packaged battery packs of superior capacity/low ESR cells AND USA designed and manufactured 'smart' protection board. This will allow immediate customs acceptance AND dealer/distributor custom battery pack capacities.

Yes. Or it need to be shipped not by plane, it need to be shipped by cargo ship.

I think there should be a separate topic with regards to the issues with customs clearance.  Seems hard to get any news about this.  I there a website where we can go to find out updated news on this?  

H

4 minutes ago, HJ said:

I think there should be a separate topic with regards to the issues with customs clearance.  Seems hard to get any news about this.  I there a website where we can go to find out updated news on this?  

H

I don't think anyone knows much about it, mostly it seems to be just rumors... I do know that airlines have tightened (or outright banned) lithium-battery transports lately, and sometime last summer (I think, don't remember exactly when anymore) at least some Ninebot shipments were held for some time in US Customs (there were some rumors that Inventist, the creator of Solowheel, had something to do with it, but don't know more than that). But probably nobody knows for sure what's the deal with customs nowadays (if there is any).

Archived