Future Unicycle

MetricUSA

Moderator notice: customer has received full refund. Product could not be delivered due to customs and shipping problems at the time, which apparently was affecting all the US-based resellers, not only Future Unicycle.

Appearantly FutureUnicycle.com can no longer sell unicycles! So don't order through them, I ordered a 18" kingsong last Friday, supposedly 'in stock' and they cancelled my order to day and refunded money! Why take my money if they were not going to ship it. Normally you do not charge until the day you ship product! I am pissed!!!!

Oh shit I'm so pissed I did not notice this is not general topics.....

@MetricUSA

King Song was at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) when you placed your order.  They just returned to China and informed me of new customs issues.  Once I found that out I immediately fully refunded your order.  I had no reason to believe that your order would not go through until King Song informed me last night.  

FutureUnicycle.com can still sell Solowheel and InMotion products since they are shipped domestically.  

These customs issues should be cleared up soon and we will be able to resume selling King Song and IPS products. 

@MetricUSA

Because it was not known about until last night.  There haven't been any previous issues with shipping out orders on-time so there was no reason to suspect otherwise.  This is business and things like this happen sometimes. 

It's unfortunate that this has happened and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.  Please understand that this is not normal. 

Please read the Shipping and Returns page where it details this type of potential.  http://futureunicycle.com/pages/shippingreturns 

2 hours ago, FutureUnicycle said:

@MetricUSA

Because it was not known about until last night.  There haven't been any previous issues with shipping out orders on-time so there was no reason to suspect otherwise.  This is business and things like this happen sometimes. 

It's unfortunate that this has happened and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.  Please understand that this is not normal. 

Please read the Shipping and Returns page where it details this type of potential.  http://futureunicycle.com/pages/shippingreturns 

@MetricUSA i believe @FutureUnicycle is telling the truth. There have been issues at the customs with not getting the kingsong  wheels thru for a while. I know this for a fact. It would only be at a certain point that Kingsong would realize there is an issue and decide it may be better to not accept new orders for the time being. A distributor woukd only find out when kingsong tell him. Distributor doesnt gain anything by taking the money and then refunding it. If your money was refunded then it was no reason for future unicycle to lie. I understand you are upset though. Id be too :(

I spoke to Kingsong yesterday and they were concerned about a number of wheels stuck at the customs for a while. It would seem logical that they may be reluctant to take new orders until this clear up. I believe @FutureUnicycle is not lying. I am sure he will update the website info when he gets a chance.

@FutureUnicycle Well that's bad news to hear. You mention both KS and IPS; do you expect all EUCs that would need to ship from China to the US to be unavailable right now?

@KaleOsaurusRex Is this affecting you as well? Are you still anticipating receiving all units from your existing orders? Or can you only offer what you have in-stock in the US?

How sad now you know you have units in stock and your trying to sell now but you cancel my order today, a week after taking my money... Stop the lying... And aren't you the one telling me of the batteries, just last week, too??? You don't taking someone's money until you Are in the Process of Shipping products In America, why you different?

@MetricUSA

Did you have an order with us as well?

We are totally sold out of 18" units; they are now on preorder in anticipation of a shipment. If there's a problem, we will be providing refunds as well.

We have 4x 520wh 14" units in stock and that's it. Hoping for a shipment of 10x 14" 680wh next week.

@MetricUSA

Please read your PM's. 

What do you mean?  If you go to the website you will see there is a big message at the top of each King Song item that I put up today when I found out about it.  I can still sell them outside of the United States so why would I take it down completely?

"We are temporarily suspending sales of King Song Unicycles to the United States until further notice.  You may still purchase them, but could experience significant delays. "

http://futureunicycle.com/collections/king-song/products/king-song-14-520wh-electric-unicycle

So confusing getting shipments next week but 'China' is supposed suspending shipping and now on your site you are making an order in april/March....but under suspension, how does that work? Can't ship lithium batteries. But you still taking online orders????? Something fishy...

26 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

How sad now you know you have units in stock and your trying to sell now but you cancel my order today, a week after taking my money... Stop the lying... And aren't you the one telling me of the batteries, just last week, too??? You don't taking someone's money until you Are in the Process of Shipping products In America, why you different?

@MetricUSA  Please check your Email and you will see that when you ordered last week, I emailed you letting you know that the representatives from King Song were in Las Vegas for CES and would not be back until Wednesday of this week.   Then your order would be processed.     I asked if this would be a problem and you never replied.  Please stop calling me a liar when you had this information. 

I found out on Thursday that they would not be able to process your order because it ships to the United States (most other countries are still okay).  Why would I not want to sell to you?  It's how my business survives.  Giving you a full refund helps me in no way.  

Please read the shipping and returns page before placing an order.  You will see that the money is taken automatically by the payment system, whether or not an item is able to ship.  That's just how it works.  If you had an eCommerce business you would be aware of that.  If there is a problem with a shipment, it is easily refundable, which is exactly what I did when I found out it could not ship. 

Please call me if you want to discuss this more.  The internet is not a good place for venting anger when it affect the livelihood of another.

Toll-Free:  866-289-3958

It can be very confusing. I'll try to clarify, just to provide insight to the community.

ElectricUnicycleReviews.com has 3 bulk shipments in transit right now, and the newest estimates for arrival are posted on our site. The mixed order we are expecting next week was shipped from the factory in September and sent back to China by the shipping partner because of problems with UPS. We resent it by sea before these problems started happening, and we are finally expecting it to arrive successfully in the coming week.

Other units were sent using a different shipping partner, in a different shipment, at a different time later in the year.

We are hoping and expecting all of these shipments will arrive smoothly, and if they don't most people will be patient and wait it out until the next round. It's worth the wait.

For a few who can not wait, full refunds will be provided.

Orders like these often need to be made in advance, and sometimes delays and speed bumps happen.

@MetricUSA: Please calm down, I'm sure they'd sell you the wheel if they could and they gave your money back, although I understand your frustration. If it's overseas shipment or customs problem, I'm not sure how much the resellers can do about it. There's probably patent wars and lithium-battery shipment restrictions going on in the background, so coming months might be hard for anyone trying to buy a wheel that needs to be shipped from China. Speaking of which, I never got back to Tina about my wheel without batteries...

If shipping to USA/Customs restrictions is preventing orders, USA distributors should consider ordering KS units without battery packs and having quality USA assembled/packaged battery packs of superior capacity/low ESR cells AND USA designed and manufactured 'smart' protection board. This will allow immediate customs acceptance AND dealer/distributor custom battery pack capacities.

3 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

If the wheel is $1k and they held that money for a week at 2% interest they owe you bigtime.   39¢ worth of cheddar coming your way. 

On 1/15/2016 at 5:16 PM, KaleOsaurusRex said:

It can be very confusing. I'll try to clarify, just to provide insight to the community.

ElectricUnicycleReviews.com has 3 bulk shipments in transit right now, and the newest estimates for arrival are posted on our site. The mixed order we are expecting next week was shipped from the factory in September and sent back to China by the shipping partner because of problems with UPS. We resent it by sea before these problems started happening, and we are finally expecting it to arrive successfully in the coming week.

Other units were sent using a different shipping partner, in a different shipment, at a different time later in the year.

We are hoping and expecting all of these shipments will arrive smoothly, and if they don't most people will be patient and wait it out until the next round. It's worth the wait.

For a few who can not wait, full refunds will be provided.

Orders like these often need to be made in advance, and sometimes delays and speed bumps happen.

Kale, A question if you don't mind.  With all this hanging over your heads, how do you Dealers work with a changing market like I've seen the last few months?  By this I mean the wheels are changing fast.  You order some wheels with the new battery/thingy (techtalk) that everyone is screaming for.  Then someone improves it or maes it different.  Now the "general" customer is wanting something else.  This leaves you with several unites coming of what they wanted last month, not what they want now.  Just wondering.:wacko:

10 hours ago, Colestien said:

Kale, A question if you don't mind.  With all this hanging over your heads, how do you Dealers work with a changing market like I've seen the last few months?  By this I mean the wheels are changing fast.  You order some wheels with the new battery/thingy (techtalk) that everyone is screaming for.  Then someone improves it or maes it different.  Now the "general" customer is wanting something else.  This leaves you with several unites coming of what they wanted last month, not what they want now.  Just wondering.:wacko:

Good point, especially with all the shipping problems caused by the batteries. Normally a reseller could smooth out these kind of supply chain problems by ordering and holding inventory so that they could ship orders quickly. With EUCs that seems really risky. Do any of the resellers here order components and assemble them locally so that they can be customized?

Archived