Skills That Translate From Other Sports/Hobbies to EUC's

Scottie

This story keeps getting better, because curious old farts want to know! I only have a lot more questions. :D

12 hours ago, RockyTop said:

By the time we got together, all “the girls” ( wife, 3 daughters and friend) could ride.

Is this a friend of your wife? Or one of your daughters? How did she come too it? Was this friend like your mother, and just did not want to miss out on the fun? Who taught this friend how to ride? How long did it take her? Does she have her own wheel?

13 hours ago, RockyTop said:

So being young at heart she decided to lean.

If that was a typo for "learn" ... it worked out perfectly! If you really meant to type "Lean" ... clever word play! "Lean" is a much better word here! :eff034a94a: ... :laughbounce2:

I was told that she learned quickly. She learned in secret.  My daughter taught her.

Which daughter taught your mother? Was it the 10 minute learner, or one of the 3 month learners?

I would think that one of the 3 month learners would be a better teacher because one of them would understand the struggles. If it was the 10 minute learner, she might not understand where things are tough ... and just wonder "why isn't she riding already?". Or that might not be true at all, if she watched closely when the others struggled.

The next camping trip, we told mom that we were off for a ride and to the surprise of my wife and I, mom said she was going with us. “where’s Vertigo ?”  (Vertigo is my daughter’s MSuper V3)

Love that name! So fitting! :efeeec645d:   :roflmao:  Maybe you should stencil that on the wheel.

Okay, I think I can leave you alone for a while. :efee8319ab:

• Like 1

Lol !!

“Friend” of my 3 month to learn daughters. She learned quickly. About two weeks. She took the incentive to learn while my wife and daughters learned. Seemed fun to her. She borrows our wheels. We have 6 wheels. I share. 

Rex - KS 16  training wheel, or for whoever (friend)

Tipsy -18xl  wife’s wheel ( don’t touch!) 

Vertigo - MSuper V3+ -10 minute Leaner 

Crash - MSX second daughter ( my old wheel) 

Thupmer - S18  mine or whoever ( Third daughter)

Loco Motive - Veteran- MINE!! 
————

lean … typo

————-

My 10 minute learner daughter is extremely patient and a great teacher. In one day she taught my dog (“Doc” Dr. Emit Brown) how to open and close doors on command. Now we have to child proof the doorknobs to keep the dogs in the house. :facepalm:

FDD03545-74E9-4656-B429-3AA2C8662E81

No, he doesn’t wear glasses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Brittany ?

Sure is. I grew up with Britneys. I love them. They are smart and love to please. I bit high energy tho. 

7 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Doc from Back to the Future?

Yes. Still one of my favorite movies. Movie Doc's dog's name was Einstein or Einny. I didn't think anyone would make the connection. I later found out that Doc is the most common Britney name.  Not so original :angry: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I like stupid dogs. Much easier to keep content and you dont need worry they tear shit up, as they dont get bored or even know if you're gone. Teaching a dog to use door knobs and handles isnt the brightest idea. At least she isnt teaching it how to steal your car yet. Teach it to open the fridge and EVERYONE will be sorry... :D

True. My brother's Border Collie chews things up. She once chewed a hole in the wall big enough to crawl threw. To bad she didn't know how to open the door. I have never had a Britney that chews anything other than dog toys. My dogs just look at me like I am stupid. They beg to go out and do things, anything!! 

F05A0A46-F287-4DFA-9991-B9616E55E3E9

• Like 2