EUC World over current alarms 4 Veteran

Rich Sam

I'm coming from a v11, getting Sherman here in a week or so.  I love the over current alarms for my v11, to give me an idea when I'm pushing the limits, does anyone have an over current alarm settings they use with veteran they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Rich Sam said:

I'm coming from a v11, getting Sherman here in a week or so.  I love the over current alarms for my v11, to give me an idea when I'm pushing the limits

Euc world gets the safety margin from v11 with newer firmwares showing "real" limits.

1 hour ago, Rich Sam said:

does anyone have an over current alarm settings they use with veteran they would be willing to share?

Veteran reports the motor current, which is a very different value than the battery current the V11 reports! This is best used to protect wires/mosfets especially at lower speeds from overburdening.

Euc world and darknessbot now calculate a safety margin (pwm duty cycle) number for gotway and ?veteran?.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

Euc world gets the safety margin from v11 with newer firmwares showing "real" limits.

Veteran reports the motor current, which is a very different value than the battery current the V11 reports! This is best used to protect wires/mosfets especially at lower speeds from overburdening.

Euc world and darknessbot now calculate a safety margin (pwm duty cycle) number for gotway and ?veteran?.

I forgot about the safety margin error, I would imagine this is actually handling what I'm trying to do "automagically"

23 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I really need to look into this 'safety margin' thingy on EUCW. I know most of the features, but this one eludes me :wacko:

I forgot as well!  From what I gathered from posts from @seba if its monitoring your power pull.  By default, at a setting of 20%, it will alert you if you surpass 80% of your total wheel power.

Edited by Rich Sam
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Planemo said:

OK, but how does it know total wheel power? And how does it differ to using the stock peak and temporary current alarms? As you can tell I haven't looked into this at all lol

@Seba commented recently about it here: 

• Like 1

I did see that thread, but it didn't help me much. Specifically, how does EUCW know what the max current available is, to then be able to base a 20% alarm off it?

And how does it differ to just pushing your wheel as hard as you dare, noting the peak current (and setting that as a max current alarm) and then taking away 20% and setting that as your temporary current alarm.

Maybe the 'margin alarm' also takes into account voltage? If so then thats where I think I'm going wrong. I dunno, I may well have missed a thread explaining it all, but I don't recall seeing anything about how the margin alarms work on the Sherman for example.

16 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I dunno, I may well have missed a thread explaining it all, but I don't recall seeing anything about how the margin alarms work on the Sherman for example.

I don't think @Seba has gone into too much detail on how it works himself, other than mentioning it's addition to the latest 2.6.4 update in this other thread about how DarknessBot monitors PWM.

Maybe he will see these comments and expand on it's implementation in EUC World for us here, as I too would like to understand better how it works!

50 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I don't think @Seba has gone into too much detail on how it works himself, other than mentioning it's addition to the latest 2.6.4 update in this other thread about how DarknessBot monitors PWM.

No he did not to my knowledge. I got that he has some calculation/approximation for the internal battery resistance (+related stuff), the topic for max lift cut off speed.

And he has a huge data source of GW/Sherman "behaviour" to maybe get conclusions?

With this plus coil resistance (if this is not already included in the approximated resistance) one can calculate "everything" from given battery voltage, motor current and speed. (like in https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7549-current-demand-versus-battery-voltage/?do=findComment&comment=100560)

DarknessBot and Wheellog does it according to the linked tables in https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/23758-pwm-monitoring-and-alarms-added-in-darknessbot/?do=findComment&comment=374800

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chriull said:

And he has a huge data source of GW/Sherman "behaviour" to maybe get conclusions?

@Planemo as @Chriull states in his post above, @Seba has been gathering information to help arrive at his calculations in a recent post where he asked owners for lift speed information.  Maybe you could also add your details to this topic to help him gather further information:

• Like 1