New rider with unfortunate issue. Help please.

myfunwheel

Hello everyone, a couple of weeks ago I took my first ride on an entry level euc and fell in love instantly.  These things are the funnest way to travel once you are completely used to them.  I then took the plunge and ordered an osdrich t1 top of the line unit and couldn't wait until it arrived, after what seemed like an eternity I heard the knock on the door from the delivery service YEAH ITS HERE!!  So I popped the box open and wow, what a beautiful wheel, immediately charged it fully and turned it on.  The unit immediately starting beeping and will not self stabilize...so sad.  I'm thinking it is the control board but there are so many different types available I'm not sure what replacement will work. I don't want to return it as the shipping will cost me 80 bucks...if anyone has had the same problem and solved it I would be than thankful to hear your input.  Thanks everyone I'm new to this community and it seems like a great place to chat amongst other enthusiasts.

Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to post comments.  As soon as I got home from work I popped the unit open and found the problem, is was staring me right in the face.  As I closely inspected the main board and carefully looked over all of the electronic components a bent resistor stood out like a sore thumb, it's one of those common 3-pin ones and was bent down so severely that the pins were touching each other.  So I broke off the pins and re-soldered the connections buttoned up everything and...................with all ten of my fingers crossed powered her up....................and........and it works beautifully now.:P:lol::D

• 3 weeks later...
On Thursday, January 07, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Oily said:

Most of the cheaper Chinese units can have the calibration set by shorting 2 pins on the control board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5YuxKxZt8Q

Hi all

My Pinwheel T1 calibration is completely off. 

I need to recalibrate it.

Anyone has any idea how to do it?

This is a picture of the mainboard:

20160129_193952-1-1.jpg

On 7 January 2016 at 2:18 PM, ibuildyoufly said:

Hello everyone, a couple of weeks ago I took my first ride on an entry level euc and fell in love instantly.  These things are the funnest way to travel once you are completely used to them.  I then took the plunge and ordered an osdrich t1 top of the line unit and couldn't wait until it arrived, after what seemed like an eternity I heard the knock on the door from the delivery service YEAH ITS HERE!!  So I popped the box open and wow, what a beautiful wheel, immediately charged it fully and turned it on.  The unit immediately starting beeping and will not self stabilize...so sad.  I'm thinking it is the control board but there are so many different types available I'm not sure what replacement will work. I don't want to return it as the shipping will cost me 80 bucks...if anyone has had the same problem and solved it I would be than thankful to hear your input.  Thanks everyone I'm new to this community and it seems like a great place to chat amongst other enthusiasts.

First time I've heard of this wheel so I googled it.....Wow what a great looking wheel. Especially the black/red combo. One of the most handsome I've seen. Pity it only does 18km/h but if looks could kill. What colour do you have it in, any photos?

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I got rid of that one and ended up getting a Windrider which has been loads of fun it's only 14 inches but it's great portability allows me to stuff it in my backpack and go and the speed is around 25 kilometers an hour so it's really fun, not to mention the great price at $367 shipped.

Archived