InMotion V8S

Asphalt

2 hours ago, Nostris said:

The problem with the bigger wheels is that they slowly stop being convenient to use..you might just as well go out and buy a moped or motorcycle which will weigh about the same as some of the proposed super powerful EUC’s.

That's a pretty extreme take, my Sherman is considered a "heavy wheel" but way more practical and convenient than a moped or motorcycle.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

That's a pretty extreme take, my Sherman is considered a "heavy wheel" but way more practical and convenient than a moped or motorcycle.

It all depends on what you find to be 'practical' and under what conditions. A motorcycle is WAY more practical than an euc, IF you gotta travel 200 miles. Altho an euc is WAY more practical, if the weather isnt horrid and the trip is a single occupant short distance trip. If we include practicality as for maintenance, costs, insurance...blah blah blah, it changes things a LOT. My Sherman is more practical than my mten, sometimes... It all depends on usage. For traveling to places with no roads or across water, my paramotor is more practical than motocycles, mopeds or euc's.  The only REAL solution is to own ALL of thee above.... You know, for practicality's sake...May as well toss in the need for a boat too. You know, just in case...:eff02be2d7:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nostris said:

I have a V8f, and have no intention of selling it on. I’ll keep it as my second wheel, or as a loaner or for others to learn on. it is excellent at what it does. I keep it in the back of the car and use it when I’m it town just to move about effortlessly. I haven’t got it to ride at 30+Kmh or to ride for more than 20 /25 Kms. For local city rides it does the job well and is very reliable.  I really think it would be a great shame if EUC makers forget this segment of the market that has such wide appeal, it the race for ever bigger, faster longer range wheels for the mega enthusiasts.  The problem with the bigger wheels is that they slowly stop being convenient to use..you might just as well go out and buy a moped or motorcycle which will weigh about the same as some of the proposed super powerful EUC’s.

Same, don't see point going for these heavy wheels.. That cost almost as car. xD 

Sure there are people who love these euc much, much more than car. Then again safety going 40-50mph on euc vs car.. I would chose car.

Good thing there are no concrete laws yet made.. As i can bet my left kidney, euc won't be allowed on streets mixing with cars.. Same time heavy euc on walk paths mixing with people.. And on bike lanes 40-50mph are to fast. (Sure if you where allowed to go 200mph some would..)

Also i bet companies would make way more money, if they would make more options from "Light" class euc's.

(Yeah.. yeah.. I know we got "old" good euc's, that are already available.. More options are always better.)

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:52 PM, Asphalt said:

Battery Cell specs:

• V8 - LG MH1 6.4Ah / 480WH
  • V8f - LG MJ1 7.0Ah / 518WH
  • V8s - ??? 10.1 Ah / 728WH

If the V8s battery cells are 21700, shouldn't they have a greater discharge rate than 18650, leading to the possibility of a bit more speed?

Looking at the specs for LJ MJ1, max discharge is 10A, so for 2P under ideal circumstances, max discharge would be 20A, but 2000w peak translates into 2000w/84v = 23.8A, and I recall someone posted an EUC World max current of 28A at a lower voltage, plus voltage sag. Other 18650 batteries are rated up to 30A max discharge, but don't have as much capacity. I'm wondering what the actual specs are for the V8F and V8S batteries.

Recently upgraded from my NinebotE+ to the V8s. 
I commute a lot, very practical to carry  on to the train because it’s not too heavy, and along train platform with the trolley handle. WAY better than the E+ which has to be carried and didn’t have the trolley handle nor front light. 
I don’t have to charge at work anymore, (which they didn’t like anyway, fire hazzard, blah blah) 

I’m happy overall, but not amused by the fact first of all it does not seem to remember the light settings. When turning on my InMotion (very, very poorly translated from Korean to english btw!) iphone app and applying DIY custom red tail light scheme, it forgets I did that, every single time I turn off the machine and turn it on again. And ignorantly goes back to InMotions disco lights. 
Second, transferring can only be done while charging, also very impractical. 
Or did I miss something in the not included instruction manual there… 🙄