V11 shock absorber spews white fluid on deflating?

SiViG

Hi, guys, recently my V11 started it's jackhammer routine. Thanks to those who already described this and provided a fix via tightening the motor bolts.

So here I am, disassembling the wheel, deflating my bottom shock absorber ports by pressing the allen key on them from the bottom, and both of them not only discharged air, but also some white fluid, denser then water, like a lubrication of some sort. I don't think that's supposed to happen, does it?

All seems fine after assembly, I get my sag and suspension seems to be working and comfy, but still, what is that liquid, and how likely would I need to replace the pump, given that I've also tried to deflate them via the bleeder valve, and it seems to have gotten inside the pump as well?

It's a very satisfactory feeling to release the pressure, please understand.

Joking aside it's normal nothing to worry about, just some lubrication.

• Haha 1

I used to call that stuff “compressor snot”. It seems to be an emulsion that forms when water vapor and oil are compressed in air. I’d feel better if it wasn’t inside my shock—if I had one. It’s good you drained it out!

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, Julianjc84 said:

i've added light machine oil to my suspension chambers. about 8 drips to the top and 16 to the bottom. Seems to have a positive effect.

Do you mind showing a pic of where you dripped the oil? 

The suspension tubes. Use the same valves as tire tube.

I use the valve screw nipple tool. Pull out the air stem and drop a few drops in. 

Be careful to ensure the valves are clean and clear before you drop a few drips in and where you place the valve screw as any dirt will surely cause issues.

From the amount of spew the suspension has I know it needs a good lubricating.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 12:29 AM, Julianjc84 said:

i've added light machine oil to my suspension chambers. about 8 drips to the top and 16 to the bottom. Seems to have a positive effect.

How has your suspension held up since new? 

Thanks!

Edited by Paradox

On 5/31/2021 at 2:10 PM, SiViG said:

All seems fine after assembly, I get my sag and suspension seems to be working and comfy,

How has your suspension held up?  Did the leaking fluid stop? 

Thanks!

I just realized your in Ukraine.  I am sorry for such a trivial question during this time.  Please disregard the question.

Edited by Paradox

7 minutes ago, Julianjc84 said:

One upper chamber has failed and will no longer hold air pressure.
all other chambers are okay,
wheel still works okay.

What is your mileage?