Gotway MSP tilt back probo

coullit

Had the MSP 2 days now and have a tilt back problem I’ve tried and double tried settings installed different apps turned speed tilt back up on Euc world, wheellog and the poor Gotway app also tried different phones

for any one know why it’s doing this is it for 200 kms limiting Max speed to 25kph

seller doesn’t know can’t find a Gotway website or help

frustrating and time wasting

sam

• Like 1

Try setting the tilt to 40kph. If that works adjust up slowly. I don't know the top setting. The old MSuper had a top tilt of 48kph and i kept trying to set it to 50kph. it stayed at 20kph until I got below 49kph. 

• Like 2

Tiltback is you set + 6km/h = 40 + 6 is 46km/h (tilt back what you notice)

Dont do my mistake i set 50km/h and hard faceplant overlean MSP aroun 54+km/h 

Now i ride my MSP with 40km/h tiltback and no sound alarm just tiltback ,positive efect is now i have more range :-)

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 2

The manuals are not that great. Also I suggest that you use only one app and on one phone. When you switch apps or phones it can change settings without you knowing. I think that the app developers and EUC companies have worked to fix this problem but I don’t trust the apps quite yet. 

And I am jealous, I really want my old MSX, MSP back!!! 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

What app do you recommend?

I’ve used them all, there’s about 4 of them

im loosing heart with this wheel and about to send it back to China 

they really should test them first

I have an iPhone so I use DarknessBot. I hear that EUCworld is best for Android. 
The Older wheels were limited to a slow speed for the first 20km. The DarknessBot app canceled that limitation though. 

Maybe @Seba with EUC world can help if has time. ( Gotway MSP - new wheel. Can’t adjusted tilt speed. Tried several apps, stuck at 25km/h

6 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

The Older wheels were limited to a slow speed for the first 20km.

That was Kingsong; Gotway never did it.

8 hours ago, coullit said:

frustrating and time wasting

Remember that the tiltback speed is easily checked using a lift test while watching the indicated speed in the smartphone app... just be careful to let it overspeed-shutoff before setting the wheel back down.

Edited by RagingGrandpa

20 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

The Older wheels were limited to a slow speed for the first 20km. The DarknessBot app canceled that limitation though. 

As @RagingGrandpa wrote, this applied to King Song wheels. In fact, it was a limitation of King Song app. Firmware-imposed limit was lifted after passing first 10 kilometers.

21 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Can’t adjusted tilt speed. Tried several apps, stuck at 25km/h

It may be caused by some wheel firmware versions. I'm trying to adopt to all firmware versions that are released with new Begode wheels, but it's not always possible within reasonable timeframe; I have to get the wheel first.

21 minutes ago, coullit said:

I can lift it off the ground it spins freely although seems to spin backwards very fast till it cuts off

It is trying to balance. If you tilt it forward it will spin forward fast and cut off. You should always turn it off before lifting. It might have a lift switch cut off. If you push the button it will turn the spin off while pushing and lifting 

I can lift it off the ground it spins freely although seems to spin backwards very fast till it cuts off. It won't go any faster than 25 kph about 15mph. I have tried the speed setting at 40kph, 35 max and zero non take the tilt back off. Its quite dangerous doing this while riding.

Ive tried EUC world, Darknessbot, various gotway apps , Android and IOS, there appears to be no support and the phone number for the factory says its invalid.

Return address is to Shanghai when sent from Germany! many Ebay sellers selling exactly the same wheel with different English names...

6 hours ago, coullit said:

it spins freely although seems to spin backwards very fast till it cuts off.

It is supposed to do that. It does not know that you picked it up. It is trying to balance. It is like picking up a turtle. It is just trying to right itself.

6 hours ago, coullit said:

It won't go any faster than 25 kph about 15mph.

If it is not tilting the pedals back 30 degrees when you hit 25 it will go faster. Unless you fall forward it will go faster. Even if it tilts the pedals back 30 degrees ...... It will go faster. We run into a person every once in a while that is not leaning forward properly. They bend at the waist or put lots of pressure on their toes and think that they are leaning forward. It works well enough to get them going about 25kp/H. Watch the video link below to see leaning on a wheel with half the power of a MSP

https://youtu.be/Cm1HDodg1aE

Thanks Im not sure I fully understand that. I have calibrated it many times perfectly upright. It rides fine round a tennis court quite fast accelerates well and brakes but as soon as I go on a small road nearby it will tilt back severely and v difficult to stay on. Im experienced have a Tesla.

In what app can I control the tailback speed gradually? I just set speed to 40 kph have also tried 99kph. If I pick it up it spins madly then cuts out with alarm beep and stops. I then need to restart.

Firstly what app are you using? I have android and Iphone Ive also tried darknesbot on iPhone and euc world and wheellog, the gotway apps are no good

It is v heavy, Im not sure I can tilt it forward while lifting, ill try now

thanks

Ive also tried putting weight well forward ie heel in the middle of pedal but still tilts back

• Like 1

Ive tried Fake GPS this morning to to see if the position was causing the tilt back. Ie if they had set a limit on it here in Spain which I read to scooters and wheels the limit is 25kph, but Im not using it on main roads just country tracks

I reinstalled Wheellog, the one they told me to use and it still tilts back severely

Its due to be picked up tomorrow to be sent back to seller in Germany although Im not sure this is good idea as Ebay have told me to send it back though Ebay and that currently is set to China. This is to get the refund, if its sent back somewhere else it may not work... At least they are trying to help and say it may be the PCB

I have thought of asking them to send it to me and I change the PCB with instructions.

Im amazed at how poor the manual is from Gotway and their apps. Ive always stuck to EUC world on a Samsung S10 although I normally use and iPhone 12 as screen more visible in the sun

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:09 PM, RockyTop said:

The manuals are not that great. Also I suggest that you use only one app and on one phone. When you switch apps or phones it can change settings without you knowing. I think that the app developers and EUC companies have worked to fix this problem but I don’t trust the apps quite yet. 

And I am jealous, I really want my old MSX, MSP back!!! 

yes I like it apart from this severe tailback Ive been riding it around the countryside here all be it slowly, I just want to feel its power and speed up a bit, its frustrating believe me Ive spent a lot of time time trying different things, only having one app currently on the go

Right so I just set the tiltback speed to 5kph as advised

Lifted it off the ground and it span up fast to 97 kph and beeped and stopped. It needs restart to do it again

If I lift it up and push side button after it starts spinning it does not stop but spins out to 97 again

No time to control if its horizontal or not...

Spoiler
Spoiler

After the tire begins to spin the button does not do anything otherwise it could be dangerous while riding. 

Ok, So it will spin up to top speed. The question now is when and if the wheel tilted. If you increase the speed slowly you can actually feel the wheel tilt while holding it. It does not matter if the wheel tilts it will continue spinning until it passes top spin of 97 kph.