Veteran bumpers

GothamMike

It seems many are using the RAM mount (ball mount) system on the front, which gives protection and a way of standing the wheel on the front edge. Not sure if they are OK for the rear, I have seen a few with much bigger bumpers such as the fork protectors for motorbikes.

I ordered these cause they are 22mm. Will be here soon and hopefully they work out.

C$ 20.99  16% Off | Universal Adjustable Tube Bull Bar Roll Bar Tube Cage Mount Brackets Clamps for Off Road Offroad Led Light Bar Work Driving Lamp
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNYg897

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm waiting for my wheel to arrive, so please could you tell me the diameter of crash bar tube?

Seems like an additional horizontal  crash bar would save a lot of grief, maybe built into the pad design.

Thanks...

• 5 months later...

Had the local smith fabricate a modular style of crash cage for mine the other day:

Some Black Crow fill plates to be fitted to the spaces front and rear when they arrive shortly. A couple coats of grey undercoat, top coats of stove paint and some 2” strong type Velcro strips to secure in place. Its intended to be ‘sacrificial’ in the event of a bad impact, I’m no speed demon but look forward to longer excursions than the MSP permit. Alexa leather pads now fitted, seat on its way from Moscow. Roll on springtime!

698F2FE8-BD5B-4300-B7C1-C733191A018D.jpeg

Edited by Freeforester