Help: bms Inmotion V10F

NEYER

Hola a todos, soy nuevo en esto porque necesito ayuda con mi inmotion V10F, compré esta de segunda mano y al parecer vino con una falla en el bms, el dueño anterior no ha sido responsable y ahora me siento estafado, pero oye puedo no hago nada al respecto, lo que quiero saber es como puedo solucionar el problema, por lo que he visto no venden solo los bms sueltos, y luego no tengo mucho dinero para comprar otra batería y había pensado en si se puede reparar de alguna manera o si se puede reemplazar por otro bms genérico, por así decirlo

Estoy usando el traductor de google porque mi ingles es muy malo, lo siento si no entiendes bien lo que estoy diciendo

Gracias por las molestias

I'm sorry, you won't let me send messages

@Marty Backe @esaj @Chriull

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NEYER said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome!

I am new to this because I need help with my inmotion V10F, I bought this second hand and apparently it came with a fault in the bms, the previous owner has not been responsible and now I feel ripped off, but hey I can not nothing about it, what I want to know is how can I fix the problem,

Unfortionately, afair not too much diy, mods.or teardowns are reported here. So not too much is known (to me).

from what I have seen they do not sell only the loose bms, and then I do not have much money to buy another battery and I had thought about whether it can be repaired somehow or can be replaced by another generic bms,

If one does not find a repair shop buying a new battery seems the only solution.

But maybe here is someone understanding the V10 in detail?

so to speak I'm using google translator because my english is very bad, sorry if you don't understand well what I'm saying Thank you for your trouble

Yes - please use the translator, english is the forum language. If you prefer posting in spanish you can use the "local group meet up" section: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEYER said:

inmotion V10F, compré esta de segunda mano y al parecer vino con una falla en el bms

Maybe i was wrong and here is somethimg reported that could help you?

Googling for "

site:forum.electricunicycle.org v10 bms

" leads to some, hopefully interesting links!

Another question would be how you know that your V10 has a bad BMS and it's not a bad battery?

Another thing i remember is some kind of firmware fault ?after updating? which can be resolved by inmotion resellers. Thos fault is afair also reported as some kimd of battery/bms failure?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

¿Quizás estaba equivocado y aquí hay algún informe que podría ayudarlo?

Buscando en Google "

sitio: forum.electricunicycle.org v10 bms

"conduce a algunos enlaces, con suerte, interesantes.

Otra pregunta sería ¿cómo sabes que tu V10 tiene un BMS malo y no es una batería defectuosa?

Otra cosa que recuerdo es algún tipo de error de firmware después de la actualización. que pueden resolver los revendedores de inmotion. ¿Esa falla también se informa como una falla de batería / bms?

I start at the beginning, the problem comes when the 5 lines of the V10F when it goes down to the second line (40% in theory) because the first time it did the till-back and it turned off, it did not turn on again until after 1h Then another day the thing was repeated and I could not turn it on again, I had to disassemble and disconnect the battery to do a reset and it worked, but from there I have tried not to go down to the second line in case it turns off, even that sometimes I have come home and it has just gone down to the second line but without problem, I decided to take it to a place so they can see it and they have told me that the fault is in the bms because according to them the bms gave them 0 volts and also some cells were unbalanced probably because of the bms

4 minutes ago, NEYER said:

6 minutes ago, NEYER said:

Then another day the thing was repeated and I could not turn it on again

Inmotion app has some diagnosis function?

Did you get any clue by this before or after such events?

Afaik the app shows each pack voltage - are there any irregularities?

4 minutes ago, NEYER said:

I decided to take it to a place so they can see it and they have told me that the fault is in the bms because according to them the bms gave them 0 volts and also some cells were unbalanced probably because of the bms

They should have told you to dispose this one battery! Seriously unbalanced/degraded cells and/or bad BMS bear a big fire hazard risk!

As told, i am not fit at all with inmotion wheels - but if it is possible to use/ride the wheel with just one battery pack i would try to charge each pack in the wheel individually. 

If one pack show irregularities (low voltage) this has to be replaced.

At least there is the chance to repair tge wheel with just half the cost!

If one tries this never ever attach both batteries again if they have different voltages! (Double and triple check this with a voltmeter!)

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

¿La aplicación Inmotion tiene alguna función de diagnóstico?

¿Obtuviste alguna pista con esto antes o después de tales eventos?

Afaik, la aplicación muestra el voltaje de cada paquete, ¿hay alguna irregularidad?

¡Deberían haberte dicho que desecharas esta batería! ¡Las células gravemente desequilibradas / degradadas y / o BMS en mal estado conllevan un gran riesgo de incendio!

Como se dijo, no encajo en absoluto con las ruedas inmotion, pero si es posible usar / montar la rueda con solo un paquete de baterías, trataría de cargar cada paquete en el volante individualmente. 

Si un paquete muestra irregularidades (bajo voltaje), debe ser reemplazado.

¡Al menos existe la posibilidad de reparar la rueda tge con solo la mitad del costo!

Si uno intenta esto, nunca vuelva a conectar ambas baterías si tienen diferentes voltajes. (¡Verifique esto dos o tres veces con un voltímetro!)

The man was sincere and told me that it was a danger that he put it back on the wheel, now I am talking to an electronic engineer to see if he can do something about it with the bms and I will change the cells that are unbalanced

• Like 1

I cant see your battery pack so i cant tell you a 100% sure, but in my opinion you should check not the bms but the battery, if bms got fail it wont give any voltage on output (or if output mosfets get shorted it always give battery voltage on output but it wont let you charge battery pack), unballanced cells is recognized and BMS turns off output voltage. With batteries there is another problem, you cannot change only broken cells cause Internal resistance in new and used cells will be different so some of them will discharge faster and battety pack will be cutout by BMS.