Gloves that fit over Demon Flexmeter D30

I recently got the Flexmeter D30's and I'm really happy with them, the only problem is none of the gloves that I have right now fit over them. I'm looking to get some proper riding gloves that will fit over the guard.

I'm looking for two different pairs, ideally. A fingerless one for when it's warmer and a full glove for when it is colder. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Demon used to make/sell overgloves specifically for this use case, as well as winter gloves with double-sided flexmeters sewn into them for cold winter riding.

I have both, and definitely like the overglove solution better. They are much less expensive (iirc, $39 vs. $79 two years ago, likely $20-30 more today) and actually warmer, especially if you wear thin gloves under the regular flexmeters. The winter glove with integrated flexmeter does not fit as tight and might not stay in the correct position if you crash.

I don't see either on their website at the moment, so I would give their customer service a call. They may still have some lying around for sale at a discount. From my experience of calling them many times, the best time to call is late morning MST, as they are located next-door to you in UT. Be sure to ask if they have any promos going on, as they may give you a 15% discount anyway if you ask nicely. :)

In cooler weather, I wear gloves from Harbor Freight Tools (these and/or these) that are inexpensive but durable. Either or both will fit under regular flexmeters when the Demon winter gloves are overkill. I wear the reusable/disposable 9mil nitrile gloves most of the time as they will keep my hands fairly warm while improving grip. You can wear either or both with regular flexmeters with the overglove on very cold days.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

The Demon over 'gloves' are actually mittens, kinda has to be that way what with the top-of-the-hand guard being in the way and all. I wear thin gardening gloves 'under', but when it's really cold can't wear the FlexMeters, warm gloves and mittens won't fit.

• Like 1

I feel your pain. The only solution I have found is going under with MX style full finger gloves but of course being so thin they don't keep much heat in but better than nothing. Ultimately, I have decided to trade warmth for the wrist protection the Flexmeters give. The MX gloves will of course give some abrasion resistance too (like a sorta alcantara material) but then I don't ride at less than 5 deg C anyway tbh although my hands do get cold at that even with the MX gloves.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tawpie said:

The Demon over 'gloves' are actually mittens, kinda has to be that way what with the top-of-the-hand guard being in the way and all. I wear thin gardening gloves 'under', but when it's really cold can't wear the FlexMeters, warm gloves and mittens won't fit.

Mine have fingers.

image.png.8fa9dc9f63d237ed9d2fc13367c2d72e.png

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

Ah ha! They have over gloves with fingers, thanks for pointing that out @litewave. I must have short fingers because there's no way gloves would work... when it's cold I use fishing mittens (easily flip to expose half-fingered gloves) inside the eWheels wrist protectors. Not as good as FlexMeters, but frozen fingers shorten my available ride time and that just will NOT do.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have these guards. Put your gloves on FIRST, then your wrist guards. Works perfect every time for me. I don't believe that they were designed to have gloves placed over them.

• Like 2