Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

22 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Have you guys watched the latest Sherman-S "Stress Test" by eevee's? They managed to overheat the S22... Is it because of the rider's weight?

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxTo1k4PBt0mfSwaHSSMHX70PKyObzFat7
(Master was also heated up quite a lot.)

Yeah the ZX motor in the bottleneck in terms of heat dissipation with the current model.
The next S22 motor - from a new factory is meant to still have the same general characteristics in terms of torque/speed balance, but generate less heat: therefore have a better efficiency and power (lower losses)

If the increase in power and efficiency will be anything noticeable is TBD, but the improvement in temperatures will certainly be appreciated!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Have you guys watched the latest Sherman-S "Stress Test" by eevee's? They managed to overheat the S22... Is it because of the rider's weight?

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxTo1k4PBt0mfSwaHSSMHX70PKyObzFat7

(Master was also heated up quite a lot.)

Hard to tell why, but the motor does get hot (the controller not so), I've ridden mine up a long and very steep ski slope and ended up 1c below alarm (119c) but made it up, doing that test for me was enough to feel confident in the wheel however as I'm around 95kg rider and don't have a habit of riding up ski slopes all the time.

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

How is it possible/acceptable that Gotway/Begode release the Master when the main component of linkage and shock is so low quality...It's like Charlie Brown forever trusting Lucy to hold the football.

I still don't know why everyone does consider it low quality ! It might be a bit rattle-y when its not inflated but is rock solid when it is, and in my (admittedly rather short) experience of it so far it is 100% up to the job of suspensioning me around the countryside like I'm on a magic carpet ! I literally have ZERO complaints about the Master suspension. I don't want / need more travel, the rebound works, it is easy to pump up, it doesn't leak, it doesn't rust, and it doesn't fall to bits in general use - what else is there ?! :) Now, of course I am only 55 kilos, which might be why it's fine for me, but perhaps not for the 'bigger-boned' body types amongst us ?

Edited by Cerbera

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

After disconnecting batteries all you have to do is loosen top two screws in suspension and you can slide motor out together with the controller attached no need to disconnect motor cable, super fast and efficient and no need to re-apply silicone on the motor cable cover, takes 5-10 minutes total.

Just about to take my wheel apart to  install the 3D printed version.

Is there a video you could point to of how to do this Rawnei?  I haven't found any that leave the controller attached.

4 hours ago, That Guy said:

Is it because of the rider's weight?

Ryan (GingerOnWheels) is a "properly fed 'murikin", not what I would call large, but easily 2x me. I think he's said he's 235 (that could be very high though)? Bradley mentioned that they've taken S22 up that hill in the past without problem. The hill burned an OG Sherman board so it's a pretty good hill. It's interesting it was motor overheat... ZX strikes again!

I think it's too bad Ryan didn't get to ride the Sherman-S up that hill but for all'y'll big riders looking for large wheels—this one (and MasPro) are looking good!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

At EEVEES, the S22 is currently outselling the V11. And it is just behind the best seller, the Sherman Max.

I guess the folks who are selling their roller sliders can ramp up production. The S22 is becoming a hot seller, despite having a number of serious issues. What is crazy is that its direct competitor, the Master, has issues too. 2022 is such a bad year for new wheel releases. If you want suspension, 70 km/h or higher top speed, and less than 80-ish lbs., these are the only choices at the moment, unless the Hero HS is available at your dealer. 

8 hours ago, Julian-NZ said:

Just about to take my wheel apart to  install the 3D printed version.

Is there a video you could point to of how to do this Rawnei?  I haven't found any that leave the controller attached.

Follow this one but don't disconnect motor cable leave it there and slide controller out with motor.

Edit: @kiitick beat me to it.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

People seemed to be happy with the  roller slider solution to the stiction in the sliders.

Is there also a universally liked solution to the open design of the sliders that allow foreign matter ingress?

With the latest firmware, are owners generally happy with the braking performance of the S22 at high speeds, ie. 60+ km/h (37+ mph) ? 

If anecdotal second hand information is of any value, folks here have been riding on and off road. We have our share of jumpers too. I haven't heard of any stator slips yet.

I hope I didn't draw the short straw...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tawpie said:

If anecdotal second hand information is of any value, folks here have been riding on and off road. We have our share of jumpers too. I haven't heard of any stator slips yet.

I hope I didn't draw the short straw...

That's encouraging. The folks in your neck of the woods should represent a random enough of a sample. Just not sure of the sample size. Thanks for your input.

On the other hand, you have dealers willing to swap out all motors of the units they sold.

I suppose if one was to ride on road only for commuting, perhaps the likelyhood of a stator slip is greatly reduced? 

Edited by techyiam

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I suppose it one was to ride on road only for commuting, perhaps the likelyhood of a stator slip is greatly reduced?

No big shock loading from jumps or hitting rocks where the motor has to 'boost' to keep you upright!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Do we have a consensus that the S22 motor stator ring assembly won't slip if the S22 is ridden only on road?

No indication that this would be the case.

Stator slippage is not a street vs off-road, or soft vs hard mode, gentle vs aggressive riding style thing.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, supercurio said:

No indication that this would be the case.

Stator slippage is not a street vs off-road, or soft vs hard mode, gentle vs aggressive riding style thing.

I see. Thanks.

That means that anyone who is riding on an S22 without a new motor, or with a motor that has been pinned has a high probability of experiencing stator slippage. 

If I were to buy one of those discounted S22 now, there is a good chance that it won't be be safe to ride. I would have to wait for a motor swap, or to get the motor pinned. It would be like buying a V12 all over again.

That is indeed bad news.

Edited by techyiam

15 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Is 'pin the motor' an optional DIY project?

Well, if the dealer you bought it from doesn't offer a motor swap, or a retro-pinning motor service, what choice do you have?

15 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Tawpie bought a heavily discounted S22.  Didn't mention pin the motor as part of the pre-launch procedures.

EEVEES current discounted S22's come with a promised motor swap.

Edited by techyiam
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Breaking News!  The King is dead. Long live the King.

KINGSONG S22 is now the best selling euc at EEVEES. 

As an indication of interest, the various threads have:

King Song

16X                 190 pages

S18                 184

S22                 175 pages

Inmotion

V11         148 pages.

V12          70 pages.

V13         58 pages.

Begode/Gotway

Master               89 pages.

RS                      31 pages.

Monster Pro     29 pages.

M Super X        25 pages.

M Super Pro     25 pages.

T4                     24 pages

EX 20S             17 pages

Hero                  14 pages

Veteran

Sherman 40 pages.

Many factors including when model released, problems prompting discussions, demographics of members, survivorship bias, multiple threads etc.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

Is 'pin the motor' an optional DIY project?

Tawpie bought a heavily discounted S22.  Didn't mention pin the motor as part of the pre-launch procedures.

It is possible to DIY, but my reseller has a replacement program promised so I'll be riding gingerly, and on the street (not a whole lot of options this time of year anyway) until the replacement motors arrive and I receive instruction from my reseller. For this reason I didn't open it up to inspect—it's a 22020630 so it's on the cusp of the factory fix, but not very unlikely to have been pinned already. One very nice thing about waiting is that in addition to unpinned wheels getting more real ride hours on them, so will the ones that have been pinned so I'll have a better idea of how well the fix works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Paul A said:

As an indication of interest, the various threads have:

King Song

16X                 190 pages

S18                 184

S22                 175 pages

Inmotion

V11         148 pages.

V12          70 pages.

V13         58 pages.

Begode/Gotway

Master               89 pages.

RS                      31 pages.

Monster Pro     29 pages.

M Super X        25 pages.

M Super Pro     25 pages.

T4                     24 pages

EX 20S             17 pages

Hero                  14 pages

Veteran

Sherman 40 pages.

Many factors including when model released, problems prompting discussions, demographics of members, survivorship bias, multiple threads etc.....

hmmn.....  :rolleyes:

Annotation 2022-11-09 171749.jpg