#OBG 16" - IM V10F vs. KS-16S

airvan

Hi everyone. I own a V10F and I've ridden it for about 400 km. I live in a small town and I've noticed that sometimes I feel this wheel is "too much" for my usual daily rides. I choose it because of the larger pedals and tire, compared to many others 16" wheels. But now... I'm thinking about swapping it with a KS-16S. I don't know what to do actually. The point is I'm not able to try one before because here in Italy too few people have an electric unicycle! Anyone who ever tried them both could give some feedback about the main differences... especially considering a 95% use for city-riding on tarmac? Thanks!

• Like 1

I think, I know how you feel. For a quick "pizza run", I usually chose my nimble and light V8F over the V10F. The new V8F shares the same pedals as the V10F.

The V8F is SUPER silent...

However if your legs are shaped )( like my GF you will hate the V8F.

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

One of the reasons I settled on the V10F as my starter wheel was with a ~50km practical range it would cover my longer trips and for shorter trips I could ride a lot without having to bother recharging. Not having any range anxiety or having to remember to charge the EUC is nice. 

Thanks all for sharing your opinions. Today I had (finally) a decent ride, almost 20km and I was able to try my V10F on different conditions. Quite surprised, thought it would have been more stable offroading, sometimes it wobbles a bit, I feel like pedals are too high, or maybe is just the battery location which makes the wheel wobble a bit when passing on small holes or generic non-regular terrain.

I wonder if... thinner tire could be considered more or less stable when off-roading? (for the same wheel diameter of course)

On 3/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, Nostris said:

Hi from Viareggio.. V8f rider here!..   It’s also my first wheel, I particularly didn’t want something too big or too heavy to start with. I’m very happy with my choice.

Mitico! I know in Italy v8 series is one of the most popular. I was very unsure which model to buy. I come from kingsong 14 and I was feeling very good with that brand. But the V10F seemed to me something next-level, and 360-degree usable wheel.