EUC World recommended alarm templates

First off,  Thanks @Seba for the fantastic app!!  I was thinking yesterday... wow wouldn't it be cool if EUC World had Tasker integration profiles, so I could do cool stuff with EUC events... Then I started digging into the features that exist already in the app.  No need for Tasker integration because I can't think of any event handling that is not already covered by the base app!

I'm a bit Geeky, and I have trouble dialing in what alarms I need\don't need.  I find myself researching my wheel [v11] mostly from this site, to find the parameters I need to set.  I think I have it dialed in now.

Wouldn't it be cool if EUC world had built in starter alarm templates based on your wheel.  Of course, it would need a disclaimer that EUC World would not be liable blah blah blah.  But it would give a great starting point.  I think that would be the bees knees.

• Like 3

following... i've been off my wheel for a few months due to winter, starting up again and feeling a bit confused with EUC World. I think the updates will be great, but things look different from a few months ago. For some reason my RS beeps at 35kph, if I remember there is a default alarm somewhere. just writing this helped, think I might now remember.

what 'should' my safety margin alarm be set at for the RS HT...? 20%?

Is 60c a good alarm temp for my RS? It seems a bit low..?

Edited by UniMe

Ok, I think I remembered and figured out the 35kph alarm. In the 'wheel' settings are 'speed settings' that are defaults for GW. I shut them off so that the EUC World alarms are now what I'm using. This should have it sorted :) zoom zoom haha

So, tried it and look to have hit 48 km/h but either I didn't hear the 44km/h alarm or it didn't go off.

@Seba when I'm using the alarm this way does it still sound off as beeps through the wheel or do the sounds happen through my phone? If they're through the phone, should I be using ear buds or perhaps have it set to vibrate? Still a bit confused.

Edited by UniMe

4 hours ago, UniMe said:

@Seba when I'm using the alarm this way does it still sound off as beeps through the wheel or do the sounds happen through my phone? If they're through the phone, should I be using ear buds or perhaps have it set to vibrate? Still a bit confused

Alarms set in EUC World will Only work within the app itself via Bluetooth, either through your phone speaker, external Bluetooth speaker or the wheel's Bluetooth audio speaker (only if the model of wheel has one!) 

The wheel's on board beeps are not sent to an actual audio speaker, they are sent to a piezo buzzer (which in your case on the GotWay/Begode has now been disabled).  You are correct in thinking that Bluetooth earbuds would be an option or you can also have the phone set to vibrate. 

I myself have Bluetooth audio speakers fitted in All of my helmets so that I can hear All my EUC World voice announcements/alarms, without annoying anyone else!

Hope this helps, or maybe @Seba will add some clarification if required.

Edited by fbhb

Ok, so my RS has bluetooth audio speakers... it should be possible to arrange the settings to have the beeps play through them? right?

It it definitely a different system than with my KS wheel, that alarm system is a lot more intuitive.

Should be? Connect your phone's bluetooth to the wheel's bluetooth and phone audio from EUC World should play through the wheel's speakers. At least, that would make sense.

Edited by Tawpie

1 hour ago, UniMe said:

Ok, so my RS has bluetooth audio speakers... it should be possible to arrange the settings to have the beeps play through them? right?

It it definitely a different system than with my KS wheel, that alarm system is a lot more intuitive.

Yes indeed test them by setting alarms ultra low to intentionally trigger, should play on connected BT device.