2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The question of donations has come up a few times. So far he always said he doesn't want any. Your posts here are your contributions;)

You can see some prices here: https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

Well then, thanks to whomever it is!  I appreciate the service, the amount knowledge I have gained from the community is fantastic!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The question of donations has come up a few times. So far he always said he doesn't want any. Your posts here are your contributions;)

You can see some prices here: https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

I had no idea of the costs John has incurred over years. Thanks for enlightening me. Such a wonderful philanthropist!

He may not accept money outright but I’m sure we could raise enough donations to buy him a new wheel. 

Donations For John’s New Wheel

Rehab1: $100

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't think he rides anymore. In HK you can't, they have some ridiculous restrictions or EUCs might be banned altogether, something like that.

Wait....my head is spinning. John, who entirely funds this fantastic forum, can no longer participate freely in our hobby?

If so there must be some other way to pay it forward.

• Like 2

I am simply shocked at how expensive it all is. To be funded by a single person, even more so. Yup, I'd definitely feel quite alright about pitching in. Mom always said, if you're in a position that you can pay it forwards, you should. If you aren't, then you shouldnt. Either way it happens to be is as it should be. Looks like this forum is costing him a bit more than my mortgage. Simply rediculous! Where can I send the $$ and a t-shirt? :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Where can I send the $$ and a t-shirt? :)

John would probably accept your awesome, one finger gesture t-shirt but welcoming $ is another issue. Not sure. Maybe a charity of his choice?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't think he rides anymore. In HK you can't, they have some ridiculous restrictions or EUCs might be banned altogether, something like that.

When I met him and bought a wheel from him to use during my visit to Shenzhen in 2015,he had apartments in both Shenzhen and HK.So he may very well still ride, at least in Shenzhen.

• Like 2