2021: S18 Production Run #4?

Yellowjacket

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6 hours ago, lirva said:

Is it ok for heavy rider?

I'm some 110-120 kg (depending on the gear) and the wheel feels just fine. I tend to drive quite carefully, however - no extreme off-roading for me :D

-Z-

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:41 AM, lirva said:

S18 starting to get interesting, since it's not hollow motor. :P

Is it ok for heavy rider?

eWheels.com is specifying 300 lbs (136kg).  Of course, the more you weigh, the more the wheel has to work, the less battery you get.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-king-song-s18-1110wh-battery-2200w-motor-full-body-suspension/

It is a great motivator for a weight-loss program.  😁

Edited by Hangman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, nycommuter69 said:

Just received it. And its pretty damn good. 

Looking good, love that "Nasa" inscription!

I'm expecting mine over the next few days. Did you order from eWheels? If so, both our wheels were probably on the same container.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkinpdx said:

Looks to me that version 4 is coming with red battery boxes.  i cant tell anything else from the single picture though.

Nope, That’s custom red reflective tape. 

from what I can tell for this latest batch of the s18 compared to my old one from sept 2020. 

There is no more block within the foot hanger. 

The mud flap has a much stronger holder. 

The motor wire no longer rubs against the foot hanger. 

Suspension was easy to set up out of the box. 

I greased up the areas near the shock. 

The lift handle is a bit annoying, does not balance whatsoever when partially lifted. Have to roll it fast then pop out the handle for it to balance. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, Patrick Robert said:

Looking good, love that "Nasa" inscription!

I'm expecting mine over the next few days. Did you order from eWheels? If so, both our wheels were probably on the same container.

Thanks. Yes it’s an eWheels special. Shipped last Wednesday arrived to NY on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Got mine yesterday and I'm loving it so far! I don't know if this is a common problem but my handle doesn't latch when in the fully closed position. It's common for it to pop up into the carrying position while I ride. Might have to fix this with a couple magnets. Mine didn't come with a block in the suspension, and I haven't checked the rigidity of the mud flap yet. The suspension was a breeze to setup unlike my V11, but I don't like the included pump for the shock, it releases a considerable amount of pressure when unhooking it.

Snapchat-466719655.jpg

6 hours ago, Ben_ said:

Got mine yesterday and I'm loving it so far! I don't know if this is a common problem but my handle doesn't latch when in the fully closed position. It's common for it to pop up into the carrying position while I ride. Might have to fix this with a couple magnets. Mine didn't come with a block in the suspension, and I haven't checked the rigidity of the mud flap yet. 

Handle not locking is common. However if you’re riding above 2-3 mph the s18 won’t drop you. I use the rolling and locking into the minimum height of the handle a lot. Find it kind of annoying but getting used to it. Full extension of the handle is kind of flimsy.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, nycommuter69 said:

Nope, That’s custom red reflective tape. 

from what I can tell for this latest batch of the s18 compared to my old one from sept 2020. 

There is no more block within the foot hanger. 

The mud flap has a much stronger holder. 

The motor wire no longer rubs against the foot hanger. 

Suspension was easy to set up out of the box. 

I greased up the areas near the shock. 

The lift handle is a bit annoying, does not balance whatsoever when partially lifted. Have to roll it fast then pop out the handle for it to balance. 

So no real difference from my December batch.  I have seen an updated "picture" of the wheel posted on the wheel sellers which appears to show red battery boxes, red battery wires, different suspension linkage and a slightly different looking shock. 

1 minute ago, pkinpdx said:

So no real difference from my December batch.  I have seen an updated "picture" of the wheel posted on the wheel sellers which appears to show red battery boxes, red battery wires, different suspension linkage and a slightly different looking shock. 

Interesting. You got a link ? 

2 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

Unless you mean this picture which is OLD. Original design that went out to the demos. 

C7AC77C5-2205-4539-8220-5B12E034AD54.jpeg

1 minute ago, nycommuter69 said:

Unless you mean this picture which is OLD. Original design that went out to the demos. 

C7AC77C5-2205-4539-8220-5B12E034AD54.jpeg

yea same one.. i thought it was updated since it was so different than what ships... of course its old lol.