Ate it on the S18 today!

FLRocketMan

26 minutes ago, fbhb said:

The CST 803 is a knobby that fits without mods, although in a smaller size of 2.50-14 but actually comes out at around the same width as the stock tires.

Thanks for the info brother. 'Cept the only place I can source it is epay where the tire costs $40 & the shipping is $80. USD ofcos. I think I'm pass on this one. The amazon.jp will set me back bout $80-90. Also I think the CST is a offroad dirt while the other is more a dual sport (looking at the thread pattern/spacing). 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Also I think the CST is a offroad dirt while the other is more a dual sport (looking at the thread pattern/spacing).

Exactly why ill be swapping out the stock for the TR1 when I'm ready. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Exactly why ill be swapping out the stock for the TR1 when I'm ready. 

If Only the TR1 would finally be restocked and made available again on amazon.jp I'd snag one myself!

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

If Only the TR1 would finally be restocked and made available again on amazon.jp I'd snag one myself!

I thought I read somewhere you can have RevZilla order you one. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

30 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

I thought I read somewhere you can have RevZilla order you one. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the suggestion, but being in New Zealand imposes massive shipping costs from most of the World especially America in the rare cases that they will actually offer a shipping option to NZ.

My most recent need to order some parts for my S18, had me contacting EUCO who were very accommodating and extremely helpful but the shipping really pushed the price up somewhat although I still went ahead.

Every time I require an EUC accessory/upgrade Item I usually have to source it from overseas, so it's always a case of finding the least extortionate shipping quote as it more often than not ends up being way more than the cost of the actual item, unfortunately! 

I'm happy enough to wait for the TR1 on amazon.jp as we are heading into the colder months here, so much less riding for me now anyway, plus I do actually have a CST 803 sitting here that I have yet to fit and try out.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

Sounds like being a native Kiwi kinda suxs...unless you're a Hobbit ofcos. Its mighty pretty though although there are parts of Canada that might give NZ a good run for the money.

I can't imagine life being so out there, in the middle of nowhere. Must be a nightmare waiting for parts on the Sherm.

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but being in New Zealand imposes massive shipping costs from most of the World especially America in the rare cases that they will actually offer a shipping option to NZ.

My most recent need to order some parts for my S18, had me contacting EUCO who were very accommodating and extremely helpful but the shipping really pushed the price up somewhat although I still went ahead.

Every time I require an EUC accessory/upgrade Item I usually have to source it from overseas, so it's always a case of finding the least extortionate shipping quote as it more often than not ends up being way more than the cost of the actual item, unfortunately! 

I'm happy enough to wait for the TR1 on amazon.jp as we are heading into the colder months here, so much less riding for me now anyway, plus I do actually have a CST 803 sitting here that I have yet to fit and try out.

So sorry, failed to check your location before replying. I'm sure NZ has it's perks. I know if I were to visit I wouldn't want to leave.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

So sorry, failed to check your location before replying. I'm sure NZ has it's perks. I know if I were to visit I wouldn't want to leave.

No worries, the only downside is sometimes having to wait a while if I cannot source something I need directly from our go to Roll.NZ!  Every other aspect of life here and especially as an EUC rider really is idyllic.  Most people that visit or have visited New Zealand (pre-COVID of course, no visitors allowed in currently) are of the same mind as you and do not want to leave! 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

2.50-14 is a common minicross (kid’s motocross) tire size, I’m sure there are many motorcycle shops selling those in Australia. While it is smaller than what fits the GWs and the V11, I guess the problem remains that we won’t know which ones will fit the S18 until someone tries the exact brand and model.

45 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I guess the problem remains that we won’t know which ones will fit the S18 until someone tries the exact brand and model.

I have already confirmed in an earlier post that the CST 803 2.50-14 fits the S18 without modification, especially as I was easily able to get my current tire the CST 6004 2.75-14 to fit which is a much wider tire. I also have both of these tires at my disposal, so I do know from my own personal experience.

Edited by fbhb

That’s what I meant, now we have data for those two models. But since AU might not even have shops that sell CST, the locally available minicross tires I mentioned can be made by any manufacturer, known or unknown.