personal review of msx and 18xl

gena

4 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Which wheel do you find better for commuting? and why get 2 wheels to replace the 16S?

As I really abandonned any other mode of transportation, I needed a permanent backup to any wheel I use for commuting. For my commute, which lasted more than one hour, the faster the better, so the MSX suited me better. But they both were reliable, so basically I alternate between them, with the MSX being a tiny bit less troublesome in the long run. But when it rains, I systematically use the 18XL, because the mudguard was a bit more effective.

3 hours ago, Arbolest said:

hey Hey HEY!

No wheel shaming!  :efee612b4b:

Lol :)

I could not use the 16s that much anyway, as my commute got longer, and I wanted to be able to come back with the wheel even when I forget or cannot charge it at the office.

• Like 1

Just now, mike_bike_kite said:

No issues in the rain then? Do you have many issues regarding the law? Any tips to avoid being stopped? 

No issue with the rain whatsoever, even when the whole commute is under heavy rain. The euc bodyguard I suppose helps a bit as well, because it absorbs the water (? ). I was stopped once in Chelsea, and twice in Battersea Park. So I resolved to avoid that park(they have their own dedicated police there). It seems the force receives some specific instructions from time to time or from place to place; sad but nothing we can do about really, apart from respecting the traffic rules and avoiding getting past them if at all possible. I pass next to Scotland Yard and the parliament every day though :) 

• Like 1