Never mind! - Gotway MSP Torque - Richmond/DC/Philly

Looking for a used MSP Torque to learn on. I have a RS 19 on backorder, but might be better off abusing a previously abused wheel while I learn the ropes. Holler at me!

Edited by WheelyBad
Changed mah mind!
  • Like 1

Welcome to forum. Besides a used MSP, don't be afraid to consider other used wheels to learn on eg. Inmotion V5/8/10 esp if its available locally & can be had for a good deal. IMO the ergonomics & weight (lack thereof) of the V series makes it an easy wheel to learn on. Once you get it & have some riding time, you can easily ride your RS or any other TOTL wheel for that matter.

6 hours ago, WheelyBad said:

Looking for a used MSP Torque to learn on. I have a RS 19 on backorder, but might be better off abusing a previously abused wheel while I learn the ropes. Holler at me!

Msp for learning , get a cheaper one especially if you've got the rs19 on order

Kinda odd that you want a second hand MSP whilst you have a new RS on order as they are essentially exactly the same. Specs, body and weight.

Look for a different wheel that could compliment your new one. Small, fun sized? Mten. Or maybe a suspension wheel

Yep, maybe kinda odd - I could see why one might think that. But I hate to make all the noob mistakes on a shiny new wheel, when I might be able to get a used/abused one and just resell it later on... I'm not so much trying to justify why as much as I am looking to buy someone's little used wheel.

15 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

Welcome to forum. Besides a used MSP, don't be afraid to consider other used wheels to learn on...

As a certified heavyweight, I'm really looking for a one-to-one wheel to learn on. I'm really not trying to buy a lower-torque wheel to destroy. I'll either resell the used MSP after I get through the learning curve, or maybe keep it for a backup. Make sense?

4 minutes ago, WheelyBad said:

As a certified heavyweight, I'm really looking for a one-to-one wheel to learn on. I'm really not trying to buy a lower-torque wheel to destroy. I'll either resell the used MSP after I get through the learning curve, or maybe keep it for a backup. Make sense?

Absolutely. Do what u think is best. As an uncertified lightweight, I was merely trying to be helpful to a new member so my bad. Goodluck & Godspeed

Edited by Scottie888

Just now, Scottie888 said:

Absolutely. Do what u think is best. As an uncertified lightweight, I was merely trying to be helping to a new member so my bad. Goodluck & Godspeed

No bad, brah! I appreciate the food for thought, sorry if that didn't come through!

• Like 1

Just putting out there that maybe an msx is the way to go.  MSP’s are in demand. A trusty msx is a great training dojo for the RS.  Also, I happen to have a great 84v msx I’m getting ready to sell ($1250 shipped).

On 1/1/2021 at 11:47 PM, Treatz said:

Just putting out there that maybe an msx is the way to go.  MSP’s are in demand. A trusty msx is a great training dojo for the RS.  Also, I happen to have a great 84v msx I’m getting ready to sell ($1250 shipped).

I appreciate the guidance. I think I'm going to stick with the RS 19 - noob-scratches be damned... Nothing's a better trainer than the actual thing, I reckon.

• WheelyBad changed the title to Never mind! - Gotway MSP Torque - Richmond/DC/Philly

Maybe throw the 16x out there, I had them both when I was a newer rider (I'm still new), I would ride them back to back around my house and could tell little difference, chances are, you won't be hitting the streets at full speed so the lack of top speed from the 16x would be a non issue.