EUC stand made from copper pipe

Daver

Here's a simple EUC stand design ... pretty sturdy, yet light and compact.  It's made of 1/2" copper pipe and standard elbows.  The only special requirements would be you need to be able to solder the joints (I used a propane torch).   You could probably assemble it with JB-weld or even self-tapping screws.

Measurements would vary based on your needs, and when cutting the pipe you need to account for the extra length added by the elbow joints at the ends.  I initially cut the pieces to the exact sizes I wanted overall and then trimmed them after dry-fitting to accommodate the elbows... they look to add about 5/8" to 3/4" to the length each.

This particular one is for my V5F but it also happens to work perfectly for a KS 14S.  It's about 5" high, 6.5" wide and 10" (I could've made it a couple inches shorter).  The feet are 3D printed but aren't really required... maybe some self-adhesive felt pads to protect your floors if desired.

For this stand, I bought 8 elbows and three 2' pieces of copper pipe.  The pipe is typically sold in 8-10' lengths but some places sell it in 2' lengths for smaller jobs/repairs.  The shorter lengths are a bit easier to transport as well.   You'll need 4x vertical pieces, 2x width and 4x length. 

I thought about using PVC pipe since it's cheaper and easier to work with (joints just use solvent glue)... but I thought copper would be more interesting (I really need to brush up on my soldering skills :unsure:).

xg89dyH.jpg

• Like 2

These pipe stands make me want to build a steampunk stand. Use 3/4” Black steel pipe. Have a built in (attached) charger Incased in an old small discontent or electrical box. Have an old round gauge with back lighting showing the battery level. You could make the gauge work in an honest fashion or make an obvious hack adding to the steampunk style. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanielG said:

I have extra pvc pipe and no stand this is perfect and simple.

4 T's , 4 Elbows , 4 endcaps and a 2' pipe. 

$10 and nothing wasted. Just press-fitted and done daintily under 30 minutes.

Edited by Surfling

Stumbled across this thread and couldn't help but make one myself! Slapped it together out of some spare pieces of 1" PVC and fittings I had laying around. Not worried about weight at all either. I can stand my scrawny 140 pounds on it so it'll work even when I get some long range EUC in the future

Apn5ItW.jpg

Edited by Whalesmash
  • Like 1

Yes to PVC. Mine was way oversized to prevent people bumping into the EUC, but the horizontals are so long they are now starting to bend from the weight. The extra cross piece was for rigidity.

3 hours ago, Surfling said:

That black cat back there looks bliss...

Nothing quite like combining hobbies. I get to enjoy my drive over to the trails, and then enjoy the trails on my EUC, then enjoy the drive back! ^_^

• Like 1