Gotway MSuper Pro without charger included

ODST

I received a "new" gotway MSuper Pro on ebay.  There was no charger included.  After receiving the wheel, I contacted the seller and he stated that was how the wheel came.  Did gotway send out wheels without chargers?  I feel like he should have stated this in the listing, if it wasn't included.

Thanks for the responses.

• Like 1

Its a red flag at the very least. How many owners don't have chargers? & if we actually lose it, we usually replace it ASAP...cos you know, batteries need chargers to have juice or otherwise, its a huge & heavy paperweight😉

• Like 1

Is it a used? Sounds like it might have been stolen.  I've had a Nikola stolen. To everyone but the thief it's obvious:  what good is the appliance without the charger?  So, in a way, the seller may have been honest:  it came his way without the charger because, perhaps, it was stolen. Wanna buy a Nikola charger?  jk. I still use it. 

Just curious (I have a guess): from which state did the sale come?

Doesnt some of these apps when used for tours and logs, catalog the wheel serial number? I'm not assuming anything, but its possible that you could look into if the serial number was used for a tour of a known member. Its a long shot and it may be violating some privacy, but asking around shouldnt hurt. Of course, if it IS stolen (im not saying it is), would you really want to know? If you found out it was, would you risk losing the wheel and your money, to become 'morally cleansed'? I'm apt to agree with everyone else and @Scottie888 makes an irrefutable point. Without a charger, my wheel is junk. If i were to sell a wheel and my charger broke, I would buy another to furnish with the sale. You know, like putting a car up for sale and needing to buy new keys or find the old ones. You dont sell a car/wheel and hope for top $$, and not bother to buy a charger. What voltage did the wheel arrive to you with? If it was full, how was this accomplished? I too have an idea of the city and state you bought it from. 3 simple letters is my guess.

To clarify, the wheel was new.  I had to unlock it with the 5 button presses.  Tags and stickers still on the wheel.  Everything else was included, including the side pads.  It is like he opened the box, took the charger out, then tried to sell the wheel as new.

When I asked about it, he said the charger was "probably an option".

Don't know what to do.  Will cost me just as much to send back as a new charger would cost.

BTW, wheel came from FL

Seems to me that what you do is order the high current charger you would have upgraded to and write off the cost against the money saved by going through EBay (always some risk vs an an authorized dealer). Or send it back. Either way, an honest seller review is in order.

Shouldn’t all the apps tell you the total wheel mileage? Sure, there got to be a way to reset it, but it is a data point.

• 3 weeks later...

stock chargers are $50 on Aliexpress, contact YZpower they are the OEM that manufactures the chargers used on 100v Gotway  

Also, for older Gotway wheels, chargers were not included in the box. they’d be a separate shipment. I believe this has changed on the newer Gotway wheels. My Monster and Nikola both had chargers arrive in separate shipments. 

I’d make the seller refund $100 to cover the cost of a charger/inconvenience or dispute/return it. 

I'd suggest getting at least two of the low amp chargers. I think I bought them (I have at least four) for $12 apiece. They charge fast enough for overnight, are 1/4 the size of the more expensive chargers, and I haven't had one brick on me as they charge quite cool. A fast charger charges slower than the slowest charger if it pops, and it will pop given enough time and cycles.

Unless you need to quickly put 20-40 miles on your wheel per day, a slowish charger usually works just fine for most uses.

Edited by LanghamP