Do you go over speed bumps?

Rodo

Keep your knees bent and slow down enough you don't JUMP (unless intended). Not many speed bumps around here, but hopefully a pro will chime in and let us know the same basic principals apply as other obstacles at speed.  From my experience, just treat them as you would expect. Perhaps loosen up, stay centered and grab a little with the ankles. Allow the wheel to come up to you rather YOU go up with the bump. My wheel's suspension has about 2' of clearance when you count the legs I stand on. Become the shock.. boing boing..:roflmao:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

You can practice here at the scene of my last tumble and yes, I was practicing. Not on the side hill ones, not yet and probably not ever! These things are really tall (5-6 inches), in a car you bottom out if you’re going more than a couple MPH... you have to really creep.

I’m not at all sure what they were going for when they built this—just past the end and around the corner the road dead ends. The ramp thing is sometimes used for no judgement skateboard training.

Edited by Tawpie
delete attachment
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I used to hate speed bumps & esp on the Mten3, I'd hit the brakes like a scalded cat. And then I got the much imperfect S18 & like @RockyTop wrote....what speed bump? Indeed I'd scour for speed &or any other bumps to catch some air.

Get the right wheel or brake like crazy, bend the knees & hope for the best. At least that was my routine. 

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 2

On the Mten3 I’m looking for cracks and manhole covers, let alone speed bumps! 

Love my S-18 though! Yup the S-18 is an amazing machine, once you have cleaned up the suspension and made it what it should have been from the factory.