V11 JUMP pads (dangerous fun?)

Finn Bjerke

I purchased these as well and immediately went to Clark Pads for this very reason. These lock you in - which is great when things are going well - but you can't get out if you need to.  A 70lb machine ripping your leg sideways isn't good at all. 

By the way I have a pair if someone wants them lol

In the bad old days downhiill skiing was based on being locked to the skis.  Now tech is much Antonio Jose Pardo Andretta of Venezuela falls during the Alpine Skiing  Men's Giant Slalom (c) Getty Images | Alpine skiing, World cup skiing,  Vintage ski 

Better.  attachment is good but dont overdo it. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

Interesting. The reason why I use and like the flypads more than powerpads is the free movement and that they do not lock you in much at all. I probably use it higher than most people though, not jumping much (still possible with it) but good for acceleration and very good for braking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ádám Szitás said:

Interesting. The reason why I use and like the flypads more than powerpads is the free movement and that they do not lock you in much at all. I probably use it higher than most people though, not jumping much (still possible with it) but good for acceleration and very good for braking.

Thats a good point. 

Maybe I should give it a chance... 

In general, your leg will slip out from flypads easily if anything bad happens (unless you make them as wide as your foot) and they keep you from flying away on potholes and such, and also help a bit with braking. I don’t even use the common type of power pads, I just have pieces of foam far in front and behind that I touch only when going up/down a very steep hill (offroading) or when braking in emergency.

If the cause of @Hsiang’s crash was simply loss of control (pogo stick) and the tire ripped itself afterwards in the hit, then I think that flypads could save the day.

But I’m not sure if the hard plastic is a good material. Both for comfort, damage during a crash and also whether it doesn’t lock you in too tight. I like the custom foam pads made by @mrelwood better and I have something similar as he did on my V10. The weight is distributed over bigger area of of my body and it is a (hard) foam, so if anything happens, it deforms rather than holding until it breaks.

• Like 1

Thxc Zopper
I have small foam pieces on top of my foot double tape under and tape over... dead easy and ,it  prevents the Hsiang accident Im not booted off the pedals when jumping . But dragging the wheel with me up as I jump is a bit more advanced (no dogs were hurt during this photo shoot)

hXy3wcp7Dyh0FiPNN0hzY1DFHfhLnQ48_tDbtBHH

Edited by Finn Bjerke
better
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows because I somehow missed it.

This product is 3d printed.

While it's a good 3d Print it's still 60% weaker than if it were injection molded.  So if you have a Prusa at home go ahead and check out thingiverse.com, I'll be putting a replica that I'll make tonight up there for everyone.

Also, I tried leaving a review explaining this on hulaj.market But it had to be approved by the moderator, and to no one's surprise, it never got approved.

• Like 1