Knobby tire for Gotway RS 19?

xiiijojjo

So i'm looking to order some spare inner tubes and while doing so i saw some different tires sold alongside them which made me interested in potentially switching out the default tire which i by no means have any issue with.

However from pictures of the RS 19 there does not seem to be a lot of clearance for a tire bigger than the default CST, but i wonder what any of you have tried?

Ideally i would love to try out the knobby sherman tire but i just don't think it's possible because of the clearance issue. Are there other types of knobby tires or similar which might fit?

16 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

from pictures of the RS 19 there does not seem to be a lot of clearance for a tire bigger than the default CST

K262

Beware RS 'first-batch' with low pedal hangers, which lowered the shell relative to the motor and therefore took away some clearance.

Current production RS has the same clearance as the original MSX, MSP.

It was reported that K262 still fits RS 'first-batch' and all other MSX/MSP...

• Like 3

Thank you @RagingGrandpa i am a first batcher, i thought the way they raised the newer batch version of the RS was simply from fabricating new pedal hangers as the body already had a gap to accommodate for approximately 1 inch higher pedals, but i might have missed something?  

But this k626 was exactly what i was thinking of thank you! Now i just need to find someone who ships it to EU :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

In europe it may be easier to buy CST C-186 2.75-14. Effectively the same as K262, works great, I've used both.

Thank you for all the help severely cutting down my research time! I have looked around and ebay seems to be the best marketplace for these tires for any other Europeans looking for this.

Edited by xiiijojjo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 11:59 AM, xiiijojjo said:

Thank you @RagingGrandpa i am a first batcher, i thought the way they raised the newer batch version of the RS was simply from fabricating new pedal hangers as the body already had a gap to accommodate for approximately 1 inch higher pedals, but i might have missed something?  

But this k626 was exactly what i was thinking of thank you! Now i just need to find someone who ships it to EU :)

I also have a first batch RS HS and was thinking to change the tire because the wheel is tilting me to the right and I have to battle it while riding. I was thinking it's the tire.

Have you gotten the k626 and put it on yet?

On 1/5/2021 at 1:00 PM, xiiijojjo said:

no ended up liking the stock tire just fine for now. I might get one for my next inner tube replacement.

Cool.

Have you noticed it tilting towards your right leg?

Not sure why mine is doing that and wanted to know if anyone else experienced this.

Thanks

6 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

As an experiment, when you feel the 'tilting right' sensation, try holding your right arm out extended.

Unicycles are very sensitive to the rider ;)

I'll try that next time I ride.

I did notice catching myself today while it was tilting right and I think it might be my legs not used to the heavy wheel (coming from ks18xl).

Thanks for the response!

On 1/7/2021 at 1:12 AM, mo_euc said:

Have you noticed it tilting towards your right leg?

sorry for the late response but i have noticed that my tire is not seated 100% correctly by going slow and looking down at the centerline of the tire, but it's so slight that it hasn't affected any quality of riding, but for other types of tire i think reseating may be more important for instance off road knobby tires. 

but to answer your question no i haven't had any issues with tilting.