Veteran Sherman stock charger longevity

Asphalt

I've had the Sherman for a little over a month now and the stock charger is wailing like a banshee.

It's impressive that Leaperkim has been able to squeeze 5A charging in such a lightweight package, but I'm concerned about how long it will last.

Has anyone experienced any failures with their charger yet?

Anyone purchase a backup or alternative charger?

Is the charge pin set-up compatible with Gotway/Begode?

• Like 1

Thank-you for sharing your unfortunate experience.  We are very lucky to have your A-B testing data.

Did you buy the second charger from your EUC dealer or AliExpress?

I hope this quality fade isn't a trend with Veteran - perhaps it's YZPower trying to save money?

Either way, it looks like BYC 2007 is better than BYC 2008, with the use of more highly rated capacitors.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Globewheel said:

Can u repost the pictures they are no longer viewable

No problem.  I have now been back and fixed the broken links to the 3 photos, now that I am using a dedicated photo hosting site.

I will also be updating this post I created about my failed charger situation shortly to outline some changes that I have recently been made aware of, via my seller/Veteran factory to the latest supply of Veteran YZ-450 chargers: 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine charger is brand new when charging firstime charger make "pulses" rytmycaly i never see this behavior before.

I think about not using this pulsing 5A instead i can use 4A smartcharger (switchable amps + %) or my "old" 3A gotway original MSP charger.

What you think about?

4 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Mine charger is brand new when charging firstime charger make "pulses" rytmycaly i never see this behavior before.

I think about not using this pulsing 5A instead i can use 4A smartcharger (switchable amps + %) or my "old" 3A gotway original MSP charger.

What you think about

I would make a warranty claim on the charger and use one of your other chargers until you get a replacement. The fan should stay on (the charger should be generating heat at 5A), it should not cycle between on and off.

• Like 1

Today I have updated my "Failed Leaperkim Veteran 450 5A charger" topic with the latest status on Veteran's response to this issue by updating the internals to the version of the 5A charger that they sent out to me as my Second replacement:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, DjPanJan said:

What you think about?

Mine is doing the same on the first ever charge... interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curlew said:

Mine is doing the same on the first ever charge... interesting.

This looks normal other euc owner from same batch have same "Strange" charger and what i read here is like normal.

Anyway i use my smart(1A) or gotway original 3A charger like main charger for veteran.

Sometime i use original 5A for ballancing but from my experience gotway 3A and 5A sherman do thing identicaly.

Simply say original 5A i have like backup then dont worry you are not alone and charger is OK and recomended by manufacturer. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/13/2020 at 8:50 PM, Mango said:

Speaking of chargers, I've found the Leaperkim official charger too noisy for my liking. There are two fans on the charging unit, one each on both ends. If you're looking to upgrade the fans, their dimensions are 40mm x 40mm x 10mm 12v sleeve bearing type.

I bought a pair of Noctua rated at 17.9 dB and will test them out.

IMG_8745.thumb.jpg.278c7f2df7f4fc02331510b78fad1876.jpg

Anyone tried this and can confirm the noctua fans are working? Looking to fan swap my charger but i'm not sure if i got the right noctua fans.
Any help appreciated (:

• Like 1