Brandnew Veteran not charging. "E CHAr" in display

Kitikotan

Hi,

hope that someone can help me....

My brandnew Sherman LK1164 arrived yesterday. It came fully activated( SLEEP0)with 94% (98,4V) charged battery. The wheel was ordered over Aliexpress. So far everthing went fine. Then I want to charge The battery to 100%.  When I plug the charger in the wheel it beeps and turns on. After one second the display shows "E CHAr" and turns off. The light on the charger stays green all the time. I tried both chargeports. I also ordered a second charger. The same happend with the second charger as told before. Seller has not answered yet. Any solutions for this?

• Like 1

the Sherman out for the first ride today. Needed about half an hour to get used to it. It's amazing! Still have a smile on my face. :o)

Charging doesn't work at the moment. Is it possible that I got two broken chargers? The wheel seems to be fine. EUC World shows LK1164 and V4.29. Maybe there's a trick to unlock the charging? Tried several times to plug / unplug the charger to start charging. What does „E CHAr“ mean? Error charging? Both chargers are not working. Found out something interesting – first charger give the „E CHAr“ and turns the wheel off as described in the post before. With my second charger the wheel displays the same „E CHAr“ but stays on. After unplugging the charger, it turns off. Still no response from my seller but that's alright because of the weekend.

Maybe Linnea can help me. Does someone have an idea how I can contact him?

Here's a picture of my display, don't know how to put pictures in here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgzaodvdnge0rpy/ECHAr.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for troubleshooting this all by yourself and sharing the results with the community.

Unfortunately Leaperkim hasn't released a list of error codes for the Veteran Sherman. By any chance did they share any more with you?

Did you find out why you had different outcomes with the two chargers?

Had two amazing days of riding my new Sherman and 108km (67miles) of fun. I'm now down to 80 volts. Unfortunately my problem - still exist!  

Wheel will not charge and still got "E CHAr" in the display. Both chargers now behave in the same way, don't know why. Maybe overvoltage protection from the wheel?

I had no direct contact with the manufacturer, the seller sent my video to the manufacturer technician and phoned them. Sorry, nothing to share.

Contacted the seller again, now waiting.  I'll keep you up to date.

cDQtTKp.jpg1Wj0BXk

• Like 1

May possibly be a faulty component on the control board. There are replacement boards for sale on Aliexpress for about $250, but that’s if your seller doesn’t cover you for any reason.

• Like 1

I sent a video that shows my parameters in the advance-mode (long press ok-button to the second beep) to the manufacturer. They told me that it may be a problem of the motherboard. They will send me a new motherboard. 

AC voltage matches and is correct. I thought about that also. A new motherboard means I'll have to disassemble the wheel. Does anyone have other suggestions / ideas what i could try before changing the motherboard? 

I'll keep you informed ...

• Like 1

Sound like the best solution you could have hoped for eventough the disassmblement will be lesser of an enjoyment. Seems like a good seller after all. Where did you buy your veteran?

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kitikotan said:

I have some good news to tell. :)  The new mainboard arrived two days ago. It was actually very easy to swap the boards. I expected more trouble.

The real pain in the ass were the ventilation slots in the front and the back. Everyone who has done this before knows what I'm talking about.

Long story short - everything is fine now. EUC-World recognizes the new board as LK 1824 with  V4.32   Both chargers are working. Full charge is about 101,3volts.

The new control board is a little different to the old one. If you look at the picture (upper right of the board)  you can see that the transformer unit  is way smaller.

If you want more information, feel free to ask.

EIVDPtn.jpg

Which seller did you buy from? I am communicating with a few sellers and would like to find one that would support me if I have issues.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

Which seller did you buy from? I am communicating with a few sellers and would like to find one that would support me if I have issues.

I bought my Sherman from "green fashion and travaling shop". 2 years of warranty on the board, motor  and 1 year warranty for the battery. Fast support, but keep in mind that the replacement parts (if needed) also come from china and it could be 4 weeks (or more?) of delivery.

Edited by Kitikotan
  • Like 3

When I did my main-board swap, I Left the heat and fan.  I only undid the 12 fet screws and 3 other screws.  This method was recommended by Jason at eWheels who sent me the board because mine no longer turned on.  That fixed it.  Didn't need to take apart anything but the top cover (4 screws). Easy job.

-Roger

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I have the same problem. As I ride, the wheel shows "bt low" message sometimes. When I connect it to charge, it charges for a while and then shows the "E Char" message.

In the advanced settings it shows 100BU / 111BD ... what does that exactly mean ?

Could you help me contact the same person who sold you the new board?

Thanks!