KS16X or V11

For convenience, "A" would be for small 14". C is not poor : it is average (E is very poor). In the US, many shops have supersized alleys but in other places, size/weight makes it less convenient for trolley manœuvrability in small places. The apparent height differs also a lot, and a V11 is less likely to get tolerated in a couple of places.

Edited by Tokumeino

8 hours ago, Tokumeino said:

For convenience, "A" would be for small 14". C is not poor : it is average (E is very poor). In the US, many shops have superspeed alleys but in other places, size/weight makes it less convenient for trolley manœuvrability in small places. The apparent height differs also a lot, and a V11 is less likely to get tolerated in a couple of places.

Ok, makes sense. I sometimes forget C isn't necessarily bad... just was an easy way to get in trouble when I was growing up :lol:

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 12:20 PM, Tokumeino said:

A hypothetic Tesla V3 with 1500 (and why not a 3" tire) would be perfect : but isn't it just a better Nikola ;-) ... a Teskola V1 ? Have there been any annoucement (with a date) about a Tesla V3, or is it only personnal speculation ?

There is now a Tesla v3 with a 1500Wh battery, it also has a decent rear light, but it still has a relatively narrow tyre which isn't what you're after. Personally I'd go with the 16X if you can afford it. 

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

There is now a Tesla v3 with a 1500Wh battery, it also has a decent rear light, but it still has a relatively narrow tyre which isn't what you're after. Personally I'd go with the 16X if you can afford it. 

Wow that looks pretty good! Does the hollow motor serve a purpose for the tesla?

23 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Wow that looks pretty good! Does the hollow motor serve a purpose for the tesla?

In my 8000km on the tesla v1 my pedal hangers never loosened also i have never heard of a broken tesla axle so i wouldn't say the hollow motor is essential for the tesla but some riders weigh more and pusnish the wheel with curbs and stairs which i didn't do with my tesla also given that is has good bearings it should theoretically outlast the regular axle motor, and it insures that loose pedal hangers will never happen. 

edit: but honestly that increase in weight makes me completely uninterested in the T3 and i don't feel the hollow motor fixes any issues of the tesla v2... It just adds weight and sure there is more battery but what made the T2 good was the weight to torque ratio in my opinion. 

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Yep. I saw that and I would have bought it in a second if they did put a 2.5" tire on it. I understand that 3" is for the Nikola but even the MCM5 gets a 2.5" tire.

Thank you everybody for your enlighting inputs. At the end, I've ordered a KS16X for a number of small reasons. One (minor) that I didn't list is that in a first glance, EUC were very attractive to me due to their simplicity : one single wheel, a motor, batteries, period (almost). The V11 doesn't fit this scheme to me. This YT video helped me a lot to decide against the V11 (thank you @Marty Backe:P): 

Note that I'm perfectly convinced that the V11 is a great wheel ! And probably better than the KS16X in most acceptances of the term "better", just as as suspended bike is absolutely faster on rough terrain (no doubt about that). Just, I don't like them. It's just a matter of taste, whatever the "absolute" an mesurable performance. The V11 is just not for me, but I'l sure that it will be better for many many people.

Edited by Tokumeino
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tokumeino said:

Thank you everybody for your enlighting inputs. At the end, I've ordered a KS16X for a number of small reasons. One (minor) that I didn't list is that in a first glance, EUC were very attractive to me due to their simplicity : one single wheel, a motor, batteries, period (almost). The V11 doesn't fit this scheme to me. This YT video helped me a lot to decide against the V11 (thank you @Marty Backe:P): 

Note that I'm perfectly convinced that the V11 is a great wheel ! And probably better than the KS16X in most acceptances of the term "better", just as as suspended bike is absolutely faster on rough terrain (no doubt about that). Just, I don't like them. It's just a matter of taste, whatever the "absolute" an mesurable performance. The V11 is just not for me, but I'l sure that it will be better for many many people.

Good luck sir! Let us know your findings. I would love to try a V11 myself. But as a little example, I went trail riding yesterday.. muddy as hell. I lost my KS16X 4 times as it decided to just slide in a direction opposite to where my body was headed... Thinking that would be the tall body of the V11 smacking around... Brrrrrr..

(PS where did you buy from?)

Edited by Crooznfbroozn