Tesla3 - upgraded motor and battery

EMA

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

The tesla is in a different weight class now so I don't know if I'd call it a city wheel anymore.

It will be even less a city wheel with 100v and a 3in tire, dont you think?

Increasing the voltage increase the speed, not required for a city wheel
Increasing the tire size increase stability at high speed, not required for a city wheel

I hope we will see a V3 "light" with half battery, so with a slim body, and price. They can return to solid axle motor if that's cheaper.
My MCM5 cost me $480, no way to spend triple to get the just next bigger model ! Especially when you know 21700 cost $300 per kWh

I agree this wheel is on the edge about city usage, a light, slim & cheaper version is required.

1 hour ago, Camenbert said:

Increasing the tire size increase stability at high speed, not required for a city wheel

I hope we will see a V3 "light" with half battery, so with a slim body, and price. They can return to solid axle motor if that's cheaper.
My MCM5 cost me $480, no way to spend triple to get the just next bigger model ! Especially when you know 21700 cost $300 per kWh

I agree this wheel is on the edge about city usage, a light, slim & cheaper version is required.

Where are we buying mcm5's for $480??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Where are we buying mcm5's for $480??

Aliexpress, March 2020, EU tax & shipping included, 280Wh.
As I understood, this is the regular domestic price for 280Wh that apply time to time to export market as incentive/promo.

That promo was already done a year or two before, same price (or a bit less) but 170Wh.

So adding the price of battery let you understand you are paying what you are willing to pay for a wheel.
Definitely not what it cost.

23 hours ago, Camenbert said:

I don't know what city you live in but where I live I could definitely use a 3in tire. 

100v helps to lighten the machine believe it or not. You don't need as heavy copper coils and wires to produce the same power. You are right however that most of the time the parts are similar and they opt for the higher output instead.

The msx is now in a similar weight class as the tesla v3 and that has an even bigger tire than I proposed. Hmm...

I like that the tesla is a bit more likely to fly under the radar with the cops sort of speak. My 18kg v1 with a 2.5in tire is still doing well at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first wheel. I felt like it had the best bang for the buck. The cheaper wheels looked like I would be upgrading them after a month.

The only issue I'm having is that it has an high pitched buzz when it's on. It doesn't really affect me when I'm driving but it's really annoying when I'm trying to play with EUC World settings. 

On 6/12/2021 at 7:47 PM, santtis said:

This is my first wheel. I felt like it had the best bang for the buck. The cheaper wheels looked like I would be upgrading them after a month.

The only issue I'm having is that it has an high pitched buzz when it's on. It doesn't really affect me when I'm driving but it's really annoying when I'm trying to play with EUC World settings. 

You can can change the volume of the beeper via the app.