Tesla3 - upgraded motor and battery

EMA

25 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

While there might be some V2s around still, they would most likely have the smaller 1020Wh battery, which is probably only good for about 60km of range (depending on terrain, rider weight etc.). I believe there was only one supplier of the 'modified' 1480 / 1500Wh batteries, and they were in China. They have long since sold out of these versions, so the T3 is the only way to get a Tesla with the larger battery now.

Got it, I was mainly interested in avoiding the hollow motor, the only Tesla's I've seen with the larger battery were modded, it'd be nice but not totally necessary for my needs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, alcatraz said:

You could perhaps buy a 2nd hand tesla v1/v2 and then order a 1500Wh pack for it from China.

Possible, but one of the two 1500Wh packs is built in a rather odd shape to fit around the trolley handles, so you'd probably pay a lot to have someone custom build the pack for you. Also, the LG M50T cells (of which there are 80 in my 1500Wh V2) are selling for around US$7.50 each, so that's about US$600 just in cells - before the labour and other materials (BMS, wires etc.) to build the packs.

If one is going to do custom battery packs, don't forget the BMS as well. & make sure its well designed for the battery pack.

IMO custom battery upgrades are best left to the knowledgeable & better yet, the well seasoned vet on such mods. Otherwise, we all know what happens when Li-on batteries goes on a thermal runaway jaunt. I'm sure we'll all then blame GW/BG for such shenanigans but some of us know better. 

• Like 1

I mean to order a pack from gotway. Not a third party.

You could also order a tesla v3, swap the pack over to your v2 and then sell it again with a used pack. As long as the pack is healthy it's not an ugly move. It's a 1020Wh tesla v3.

Edited by alcatraz

The T3 is a complete redesign from the V2. It looks similar but I think it's different enough that I don't think the packs would fit the V2 shell.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2021 at 6:09 PM, Freestyler said:

interesting, overall a good step up in the tesla line, despite  the fucking skinny tire

• 3 weeks later...

Great vid, attractive wheel but I glanced over at my Nikola+ after watching and it made me smile.  I'm just not sure where this wheel fits in categories, pricing will determine.

I feel like between this and the MCM5 v2 there is enough good DNA to make one good wheel.

Just give me the 2.5" width from the MCM5 v2 on a 16" diameter like the Tesla and a battery somewhere between the two/anywhere over 1000 Wh, but without the stupid width of the T3 (which is wider than a Nikola/as wide as the old Monster) and keeping weight around/under 40-45 lbs.

Basically a Begode V10F with a top speed approaching 30 instead of just 25 mph.

If they could sell that for $1500 or less it'd be worth considering for some segment.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

Personally I think this new V3 is a fail. The least they could have done is (like other posts mentions) 2.5" tire plus a 10-20mm pedal raise. Weight is creeping up & price is getting close to Nik territory (which btw I think is a better all round wheel).

But I like the led display & the rear lights is nice.

• Like 2

I do not see the footrest height as a problem on the new Tesla. The foot pedal on my Kingsong 16 C is also very low and I ride a lot on gravel and forest trails. No problem at all.
I agree that the price of our wheels is excessive compared to the quality we get. It is mentioned that the betteries cause the high price level, but in these days I can get an electric scooter noticeably cheaper with the same range and top speed.
On the eighth of this month, my new V3 Tesla has been on the road for three months. Now the UPS transport company is my headache. Tesla is still stuck in the customs in Helsinki. So we'll see what soup we can cook about this. I informed via e-mail MyEwheel about this but they replied that I have to solve it myself. I have been in contact with UPS Finland so I will tell you more about my case and their behavior in my upcoming Tesla V3 unboxing video.

7 hours ago, alcatraz said:

23kg is ridiculous. The 1020Wh used to be 19.2kg no?

My 'modified' Tesla V2 with a 1500Wh pack is 47lbs (21kg).

On 5/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, Carl Viktor said:

I already have to make a complaint on Teslan. The plexiglass strip on the LED lights on the left side is so loose that there is a three millimeter gap between the shell and the strip.

I'm glad you're liking the standard no charge premium Gotway fit & finish. On the good, its nothing new & tbh, I'd be surprised if it were different. That said, its nothing that a a few dollars worth of transparent waterproof tape can't fix🤪

O & congrats on the wheel's arrival. 

• Like 2

Today I did a range test on my new Begode Tesla V3. The manual promises a distance of 80-120 km on a single charge 100% battery (70 kg rider at 20 km/h).
We had clear weather outdoors with a temperature of +2 degrees Celsius. It was no wind and my weight is 76 kg. 
It was quite hard to maintain an average speed of 20 km/h with this machine. We Finns find it very difficult not to press the accelerator pedal when driving on gravel roads.
The end result was a range of 61 km with 30% power left. So it keeps between the limits as promised in the manual. Those who like to ride at full speed, I think the maximum range is about 60-70 km.
For me, this means that I am able to do all my assignments during the working day without having to charge my wheel.

Screenshot_TeslaV3.jpg

• Like 1