Veteran Sherman Low Battery indication and tilt back even though battery is charged

Andrew Duff

On 6/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, shellac said:

If you look at the pic of the batteries inside the Sherman, you can see an imprint on top of them from the side panels. I wonder if that is normal? Are the batteries under too much pressure from the side panels? (pic attached)

Maybe mine is just a fluke since I haven’t heard anyone else with a newer batch Sherman having this problem.  

77BAB669-A86F-4B4C-AF49-6CC37025034C.jpeg

Mine are the same.

The closer to the edge, the more pronounced ribbing. 

Reason being that you tighten the screws near the edges so that part will touch first and the center part will just "bulge out"

On 8/9/2021 at 6:02 AM, Planemo said:

Just to update this, I did another pic with it hopefully being clearer exactly where I modded the ribs. I actually ground down the ribs located on the non-flat sections to well below the flat section to give plenty of clearance.

679204242_shermanpanelmod.thumb.jpg.dbd0af98dfdfce33a0e2365cd66b35b5.jpg

Why did you ground down the ribs all the way up top only on the right side close to the edge?

The components have the same layout on both packs so the left ribbing might be cut as well right? 

Would be nice to habe a transparent shell and transparent battery pack wrap, so one could see exactly where things collide

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

The components have the same layout on both packs

They do indeed. Because of this, the packs are a mirror image when fitted to the other side of the wheel...

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

so one could see exactly where things collide

I know exactly where they collide. I have had a pack unwrapped on the bench and a trusty ruler.

• Like 1