Inmotion V11 - motor repair

Vejby

Hello,

I have an Inmotion V11 with the defect motor - it's clicking
I have a new motor on the way. and need to do the repair myself - no problem really
Over time it's getting less and less ( started at 11 km - im now at 500 km ) 80% of the time it's totally gone - but then it comes back... 

Here is my question
WHAT is wrong?
Is it worth the risk to change it now? - there is always a risk repairing things.

Anyone know what exactly is causing the clicking issue?

• Like 1

I haven’t heard of motor clicking before, there are sometimes debris stuck it he wheel well that could sound like clicking, and there is vibration at various speeds which happens in most motors.

Could you add some details as to how and when this clicking is?

That backs up the bearing theory. A damaged ball or pin turns but then binds up then pops free only to repeat again. 
Do you feel a bit of resistance just before the click? 

Edited by RockyTop

Yes, im quite positive to that aswell - Liam from Inmotion told me it's rideable - till new motor arrive - and im just wondering if I should wait - like till sprint with replacing it - so the new motor / bearing wont the the water / salt we have here all over in the winter time :)

Since - most of the time now - it's gone - no sounds at all

19 hours ago, Timrambo said:

I agree with @RockyTop. I'm no expert but I think you should replace bearings when you do the motor. In fact, I'd do the bearings first....

How do i understand this ? should i replace bearings in the new motor ??

Edited by Vejby

• 1 month later...

The new bearings (and the old ones) will be under a lot of stress, are they strong enough. For how long?  This bore hollow motor construction is powerfull but can we trust the EUC producers to make it strong also?  New bearings could be an inside the motor job. Its a bit like having brain surgery in order to put socks on.  Ive read that in general Chinese bearings are not as strong as EU/USA bearings.  Inmotion gives no info on this, Gotway have the same problem. 
Kingsong bearings on their suspension wheel is a laff too btw. 

Maybe Korean wheels will be better in the future to come?  Check it out.  Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

Hi @Vejby I k ow it is a bit late. But if you have not change the motor yet, Liam said they will make a video on motor/tire change next week.

I asked Liam if they could include something I have doubts on too before I change to my new winter tire. Anyway if you have questions just catch me on telegram. 

By I like that you ride with high visual colours. Most other people in traffic tend to overlook EUCs in all black gear.