Inmotion v11 is an on road wheel only? Off road aint good?

Finn Bjerke

V11 is the majestic magic carpet on road, for longer travels, its extremely comfy and will save you from a lot of tear and wear.  Also you dont have to bloody hyperfocus on the street all the time - the suspension will save you crashing again and again. 

On narrow forrest tracks  however my  MSX is so much better, the V11 is to heavy big and bulky... Or maybe I just have to get to know the wheel better  for navigating tight bumpy paths on the forrest? ?  (I know you need 25 wheels to be happy they are all so very different etc etc) 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

V11 is the majestic magic carpet on road, for longer travels, its extremely comfy and will save you from a lot of tear and wear.  Also you dont have to bloody hyperfocus on the street all the time - the suspension will save you crashing again and again. 

On narrow forrest tracks  however my  MSX is so much better, the V11 is to heavy big and bulky... Or maybe I just have to get to know the wheel better  for navigating tight bumpy paths on the forrest? ?  (I know you need 25 wheels to be happy they are all so very different etc etc) 

I totally agree! The V11 and MSP cover all of my EUC needs (currently, lol). 

thx mate ...I totally agree . Its terrible but I bloody well sold my MSX - I should never have done that  - Now I hope Kingsong s20 in some years will have a better desing for a light weight suspension Off Roader KS S18 have to many errors I find,. 

8 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Do you have kuji pads?  That's a world of difference. 

Edited by EUChristian

I am an eager builder of pads fra EVA Foam (Yoga blocks) Inmotion makes pads themselves and also the very sexy footplates with studs - Clark Pads and other very pro firms are on the marked also: https://imgur.com/a/hELXPyU 
Also speed-brake pads could help the front light problem: When you accelerate the wheel tilts and the frotnlight is only visible 1m infront of you.  Using speed pads you might accelerate more without tilting the wheel so much     

B38A16E9-10BA-4AD2-A4BE-4FE3E6F59483.jpeg43FBDCA0-BA60-45CD-87FB-4FCB0A49B726.jpeg 
image.thumb.png.fc36354dc5ce472450d0affb264818aa.png

22 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

On narrow forrest tracks  however my  MSX is so much better, the V11 is to heavy big and bulky...

I disagree fullheartedly.

The gnarly ending before I turned back up the track, you can only imagine how slow I have always had to take it with the MSX.

The difference the small weight difference makes for the riding experience is negligible. The weight distribution is pretty similar, but the V11 is actually sleeker and more streamlined than even the 1600Wh MSX.

What does differ though is the firmware. GW riding modes are all initially rock hard, while the V11 has a tiny softness to it. That’s one of the reasons why the V11 climbs steep hills with less effort.

22 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Or maybe I just have to get to know the wheel better  for navigating tight bumpy paths on the forrest?

Absolutely! Every mile you have ridden before the V11, you have done it on a hard tail. Riding the V11 over tough off-road obstacles requires a slightly different technique. You’ll get there soon enough though. Do remember though that the riding technique is also very different with different shock pressures. For example for my weight 145/20 and 160/90 both offer correct sag, but the technique over sharp roots for example is vastly different.

13 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Using speed pads you might accelerate more without tilting the wheel so much

Not really. The wheel doesn’t know or care if you’re accelerating with or without pads. A certain amount of force equals a certain response, period. To tilt the wheel less, accelerate slower, or adjust the riding mode to be harder.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I disagree fullheartedly.

Not really. The wheel doesn’t know or care if you’re accelerating with or without pads. A certain amount of force equals a certain response, period. To tilt the wheel less, accelerate slower, or adjust the riding mode to be harder.

True the wheel doesnt know or care if you're accelerating with or without pads. As you said next purely the downward force applied. You get more thrust for forcing the wheel forward with less effort but the wheel doesnt tilt less. But...that added thrust sure feels in real life like you are tilting the wheel less because it feels more effortless to accelerate. Does that make sense?  So I understand what he means here even though the science might be off. 

• Like 2