Inmotion V11 review by KS fan boy ;)

hal2000

I think I can comment on this since I had them both and I also use them for shopping in the city.

The still feel your ride is true, the only thing that disappears is the strong impact on bumps into your leg/body.

I think you overestimate the high pedals and the need to "climb" the wheel, you completely forget about this after 1 day of using it and won't notice a difference.

If you want to compare shopping with the 16x, you cant lean the 16x easily to the walls with the trolley extended while you put stuff into your basket, because it is diagonal and it will want to move forward. I don't see where you would notice the weight in a shop, other than putting it up some step of stairs which is easy with both wheels? The trolley of both is easily operable with only one hand whether you need to trolley or carry it and easily manouverable, although the 16x is slighty easier.

I also think the difference is very small when slaloming, the v11 turns very well as well and don't forget that the body is also narrower. You decide if you want to do it between cars, it is possible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tokumeino said:
  1. The V11 pedals are very high. In a dense trafic, is it OK to repetadly climb up to the wheel ?

I’m a tall guy, but for me it’s not an issue at all. After all, only one leg has to climb all the way, when the second comes aboard, the suspension has compressed to the regular travel sag.

1. Despite the weight, is it OK to do your shopping ? .... with a basket and carring the V11, in convenience stores, bakeries and small supermarkets.

Doing shopping is much easier than with the MSX with its well known trolley handle position issues, but I definitely wouldn’t carry any wheel larger than the S2 while doing shopping. When trolleying, the weight of the wheel is meaningless.

1. Despite the larger wheel and the weight, is it OK to slalom and find your own path between stopped cars stuck in trafic jams ?

I have only ridden the 16X a few times, but I don’t think there’s a meaningful difference in slow speed handling. The mono + jump pads on the 16X I rode made it strange/uncomfortable enough that I felt more comfortable with slow speeds and reversing on the stock V11 right away.

I mean, I guess that the KS16X is better for that, but by a small or large margin ?

Small enough to be a personal opinion either way, I’d say.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot. Very helpful. We read many things on the internet but sometimes lacking context, and sometimes overstated. Thus it can be difficult to evaluate relative claims from différent sources. I'm not so much worried about specific use cases of mine, anymore, and I now lean towards the V11.

Edited by Tokumeino

Interesting test, however I can not understand the thing about the negative chambers: 

Shocks pumped to 170 (I'm about 100 kg). We didn't play with the negative chambers.

Are you testing the wheel according to recommendations then?  Im glad you like the V11 I do, Im not too sure about the long term durability. Mrelwood as always thoughtfull wrote this: 

The main point of friction on the V11 are the 8 black plastic suspension guides/sliders. The mechanism is quite picky about how much room there should be between these sliders and the rails. Too little room and they don’t slide easy enough. Too much room, and the sliders jam as the pedals tilt the system during acceleration and braking. As the sliders and the rails wear, they both add quitea lot of friction, and getting the suspension to work well is tricky....

The mechanism has room for improvement, and I will express my ideas to Inmotion once I’ve done more tests. I already tried PTFE sliders, and I’m currently testing 3D-printed ones, just from basic PLA.

Im not sure what you mean by that but the saddle piece broke since the plastic construction is too weak,  I have to take off the slider in order to get to the higher chamber in that proces one small plastic "tongue"  broke and I had to glue it - is that creating extra frixtion or other kinds of trouble?  picture here and video link here 

image.png

On 11/24/2020 at 11:31 AM, Tokumeino said:
  1. The V11 pedals are very high. In a dense trafic, is it OK to repetadly climb up to the wheel ?
  2. Despite the weight, is it OK to do your shopping ? .... with a basket and carring the V11, in convenience stores, bakeries and small supermarkets. 
  3. Despite the larger wheel and the weight, is it OK to slalom and find your own path between stopped cars stuck in trafic jams ?

I mean, I guess that the KS16X is better for that, but by a small or large margin ?

Hello @Tokumeino to answer your 3questions:

1. it is indeed each time a 24 cm step You take but as mine has 5cm sag it goes quick down to a normal stairs step. one gets used to it

2. I started doing shopping with it an lifting it into a carrito is really heavy. Some carts have a place underneath which is very convenient for putting the wheel there but as i don't want to scratch it (yet) i prefer to lift it into the shopping cart. For small shops there's no problem as it runs on my hand as any other wheel

3. The V11 does really well in turning and manoevring in the city although breaking takes some more habit

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 11:31 AM, Tokumeino said:

2. Despite the weight, is it OK to do your shopping ? .... with a basket and carring the V11, in convenience stores, bakeries and small supermarkets. 
  3. Despite the larger wheel and the weight, is it OK to slalom and find your own path between stopped cars stuck in trafic jams ?

1. Yes although after few times it becomes more tiresome for your knees (compared to KS16X.

2. Yes if your height matches the trolley handle perfectly :) that's why KS16X would be my choice here

3. Yes, it is.