First try on v8f, weird rubber came out, any suggest?

PaperBoi

Hi everybody

It's been two days since I got my V8f. Its my first euc. I went to basketball field and tried my v8f. 2-3 times small soft drop. Then I noticed this strange rubber. I tried to push it a little bit but gave up when I saw that it was erosive to plastic. Any suggestion?

Rubber

• Like 1

I have not studied the V8f that closely, but it looks like the plastic has split and it is a seal from inside. I doubt you can just push it in. It is likely to be correctly seated to do any good. A little wider view might help to show this better. 

As this is a new wheel, I would suggest you contact your reseller.

Might seem to be a small problem but if you add rain it could be a huge problem. 

Trying to pray something apart could easily make it worse, eg. cracked plastic.

I think it is better to raise a question with your reseller, might be claiming warranty rather to break it and be able to make a claim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Might seem to be a small problem but if you add rain it could be a huge problem. 

Trying to pray something apart could easily make it worse, eg. cracked plastic.

I think it is better to raise a question with your reseller, might be claiming warranty rather to break it and be able to make a claim.

you right thx again,  it was unlucky for fist exp : (

It might be that bad but approaching right make it easier to not end up with an even worse situation. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I have the same thing on my V8F. I asked InMotion Canada (where I bought it from), and they said it must have popped out during a crash. I did crash it on pavement at low speed (I fell off and the wheel tipped over). But I didn't notice the rubber at that time. It wasn't until the next time I used the wheel (a few days later) that I noticed this. They said as long as it's not exposed to water, it's fine.

My wheel is still under warranty, but I don't think I would want to send it in to get fixed even if they would allow it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Johnson Lai said:

Hi there. I have the same thing on my V8F. I asked InMotion Canada (where I bought it from), and they said it must have popped out during a crash. I did crash it on pavement at low speed (I fell off and the wheel tipped over). But I didn't notice the rubber at that time. It wasn't until the next time I used the wheel (a few days later) that I noticed this. They said as long as it's not exposed to water, it's fine.

My wheel is still under warranty, but I don't think I would want to send it in to get fixed even if they would allow it.

Hi,

You have to dismantle the wheel completely, not just shels. Not so simple for newbies. I sent the wheel to local inmotion service and they fix it. (still under warranty) If the rubber is not damaged you don't need spare parts. Dont cut the rubber.  As @Unventor said if rain happen could be a huge problem. You can use duck tape temporarily. But i recommend use your local inmotion service or find experienced v8 rider. 

Edited by PaperBoi