KS16S v2 not working after 2.02 upgrade :(

dani31

2 hours ago, Aristocrat _ninja said:

Did the firmware update. Smh connection broke and now I'm in the loop. Trying to update it. On euc updates to 100 percent and nothing happens. Phone says that it's connected, I press the button to turn on the light, the app responds but the wheel nope. Tried to turn the wheel upside down, keep charging all the time but can't get out of the loop. Please help. 

BTW if I keep pressing the power button for 10s straight the wheel just keeps constant beep

I think EUC World (on Android) is your best bet here. It should be able to recognize and finalize an interrupted update.

You should also be able to try downgrading the firmware with the Soft Tuner app and then try again.

3 hours ago, Aristocrat _ninja said:

Hello, I got kingsong ks14d

Model no ks14d1b200626f004. 

Did the firmware update. Smh connection broke and now I'm in the loop. Trying to update it. On euc updates to 100 percent and nothing happens. Phone says that it's connected, I press the button to turn on the light, the app responds but the wheel nope. Tried to turn the wheel upside down, keep charging all the time but can't get out of the loop. Please help. 

BTW if I keep pressing the power button for 10s straight the wheel just keeps constant beep

If you have an iPhone use SoftTuner that can shoehorn in any firmware (make sure to select the right one). If you use Android do like mrelwood said.

Also: Try laying the EUC on the side, it goes in a different mode for accepting firmwares (or something along those lines)

Edited by div
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I think EUC World (on Android) is your best bet here. It should be able to recognize and finalize an interrupted update.

You should also be able to try downgrading the firmware with the Soft Tuner app and then try again.

Original kingsong app does not even recognize anything. It shows that firmware upgrade needs to be updated, you press okay, then it says that you already have the newest one (v1, 00).

On euc world app, as said before, it shows that the wheel is upgrading firmware, it goes to 100 percent but still no signs of life. When you go to the menu>wheel I can't update firmware, nor downgrade it. The buttons ar grey, and can't press them. 

I will try laying the wheel on the side once again, but smh I don't have hope in this one 🤦‍♂️

Yesterday on euc world the firmware upgrade finished like 10 times again and again, but still I'm the same situation as the beginning. The wheel. Just does not respond to anything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aristocrat _ninja said:

Original kingsong app does not even recognize anything. It shows that firmware upgrade needs to be updated, you press okay, then it says that you already have the newest one (v1, 00).

On euc world app, as said before, it shows that the wheel is upgrading firmware, it goes to 100 percent but still no signs of life. When you go to the menu>wheel I can't update firmware, nor downgrade it. The buttons ar grey, and can't press them. 

I will try laying the wheel on the side once again, but smh I don't have hope in this one 🤦‍♂️

Yesterday on euc world the firmware upgrade finished like 10 times again and again, but still I'm the same situation as the beginning. The wheel. Just does not respond to anything. 

Got a solution myself. At last... All these methods laying the wheel on side or upside down is bs 😂 

Euc app just didn't manage to finish the wheels firmware update, so I had downloaded kingsong soft tuner app (http://47.106.14.253/upload/android_version/kingsongSoftTuner.apk). Login as guest, press firmware update, voila! I'm one wheeler again 😂 btw I'm using android 😅

happy that I managed it, hope it helps someone as well! ❤️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aristocrat _ninja said:

All these methods laying the wheel on side or upside down is bs 😂

So you think there aren’t any other type of FW errors than your case? Ever heard of broken boot-loaders and missing serial numbers?

What an ignorant and despicable attitude.

Edited by div
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, div said:

So you think there aren’t any other type of FW errors than your case? Ever heard of broken boot-loaders and missing serial numbers?

What an ignorant and despicable attitude.

More, many of these cases are caused by previous firmware update with wrong FW image. It's because SoftTuner allows to upgrade wheel with a firmware image that is intended for completely different wheel, like upgrading KS-16C with KS-16S firmware. Putting wheel upside down may be the only way to force it to start in bootloader when booting to firmware fails.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I definitely need 

On 7/12/2020 at 8:03 AM, dani31 said:

Hello,

Please help me I'm desperate!

I tried to put my brand new KS16S v2 never used from version 1.09 to 2.02 firmware.

I tried it with the iOS KingSong app and the app told me that my wheel was already up to date.

Then I tried with the iOS SoftTuner application, I chose 2.02, the update started and the wheel went off.

Now when I try to turn it on, it turns off immediately, I have to press continually the power button to activate the bluetooth, if i release power button the wheel turn off, I don't have any serial number in the applications and no firmware is visible, in the KingSong application it says "?" for the firmware version.

Please help me I am so desperate !!

Thank you,
Daniel.

I'm having the exact same issue, i scrolled through these post and seen one saying to turn it upside down. I did that, and no progress, it updates, but the result is the same. I really do not know what to do. The Euc ap now says my wheel is not supported 

• Like 1