KS16S v2 not working after 2.02 upgrade :(

dani31

Hello,

Please help me I'm desperate!

I tried to put my brand new KS16S v2 never used from version 1.09 to 2.02 firmware.

I tried it with the iOS KingSong app and the app told me that my wheel was already up to date.

Then I tried with the iOS SoftTuner application, I chose 2.02, the update started and the wheel went off.

Now when I try to turn it on, it turns off immediately, I have to press continually the power button to activate the bluetooth, if i release power button the wheel turn off, I don't have any serial number in the applications and no firmware is visible, in the KingSong application it says "?" for the firmware version.

Please help me I am so desperate !!

Thank you,
Daniel.

You can connect to the wheel from the app, right? Plug the wheel in to the charger, it will allow you to stay connected without the wheel switching off. Then check in the app for the "auto-shutdown" function, it might have been set to 5 seconds or something. If that's the case, just move it to the max. (240 minutes) and problem solved.

Hopefully that's the case. Give it a try and if it isn't that we'll move on to the next possibility. But don't panic, wheels bricked during firmware upgrades can be recovered. 

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to plug in the charger but it's the same, it's like there's no bootloader anymore.  When I press the power button and release the button the wheel turn off immediately.

If I press the button to turn on the light it's the same, the wheel turns on and off immediately.

If I press continually the button the wheel says "bluetooth is off" but the connection with the application works, but if I release the button the wheel turns off immediately.

If I try to change the shutdown parameter it doesn't save the settings, no settings can be saved.

I think it's serious and a change of motherboard is the only solution, it's completely crazy.

2 hours ago, dani31 said:

I tried to plug in the charger but it's the same, it's like there's no bootloader anymore.  When I press the power button and release the button the wheel turn off immediately.

If I try to change the shutdown parameter it doesn't save the settings, no settings can be saved.

The wheel doesn't need to be on to connect to the app and change the settings, I can connect to both of my KS wheels when they are plugged in, without turning them on.

Try with EUC World on an Android phone, I don't have much faith in KS apps...

16 minutes ago, dani31 said:

I think it's serious and a change of motherboard is the only solution, it's completely crazy.

A firmware upgrade shouldn't damage the board. Do you know the wheel's serial number? Maybe @Seba can help you out

Edited by travsformation

Thank you so much for your help.

Yes,  I know my serial number.

I just tried to plug in the charger and the app doesn't recognize the wheel, as I indicated above I have to press the button continuously for that.

10 minutes ago, dani31 said:

Thank you so much for your help.

Yes,  I know my serial number.

I just tried to plug in the charger and the app doesn't recognize the wheel, as I indicated above I have to press the button continuously for that.

Hmm...have you tried with EUC World? KS's app is....not great. 

Don't loose hope, maybe there's still a solution that doesn't involve changing the board

3 minutes ago, dani31 said:

Unfortunately I have no more hope, I tried with euc world and the wheel setting parameter is not accessible

Wait until @Seba signs in, he has a few magic tricks up his sleeve that might help

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I think my motherboard's is bricked.

Changing the motherboard is too complicated for me, there are places where there is like glue on some connectors.

I'm thinking of selling the wheel for a handyman, what a sadness.

6 hours ago, null said:

The wheel accepted to install a new firmware once turned upside down. Good trick.

Glad to hear that, thanks for Sharing the good news! Amazing hi-tech solution by the way :efee612b4b:

I should try that on myself, I feel lie I'm stuck in a bootloader loop today... :roflmao:

• Like 2

Hello Im having the same issue... please help !

Kingsong 16X unresponsive, power button does not do anything, when on charge it does seem to power up and connect with app, yet it does not balance at all. Here is a video to show you whats happening. Thank you in advance for your help.

Firmware 2.02
Serial: KS16X2B190907P090
Bluetooth MAC: 4C:24:98:81:1B:35

Edited by Peters

37 minutes ago, Peters said:

Kingsong 16X unresponsive. Here is a video to show you whats happening. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hmm... I would say that there is a problem with power button circuit - button itself or wiring. Motherboard seems to work correctly as it correctly turns on after plugging the charger in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Hmm... I would say that there is a problem with power button circuit - button itself or wiring. Motherboard seems to work correctly as it correctly turns on after plugging the charger in.

Kingsong released the 3.4.5 app. Play protect on android blocks the installation asks for permissions that could monitor my activity? is it safe?

Edited by alex5454

53 minutes ago, Seba said:

The wheel does not balance at all, even after plugging in the charger and connecting to app. I wonder if motherboard is shot?

15 hours ago, Seba said:

In KS-16X power buttons sometimes fail, especially when wet.

11 hours ago, Peters said:

Seba, thank you for your suggestion and YES you are correct. Upon opening it, it was indeed a disconnected power button plug. I reconnected it, secured it so it will remain connected and all is working good now.

@Peters Since the 16X has proven to be a bit aquaphobic, I'd recommend spraying some dielectric spray around the power button (makes sure it seeps in), charging ports and USB ports. I've done so on mine and ridden in torrential rains without issues. I also plan on opening up the wheel whenever I get a chance to and spraying some on all connectors susceptible to being exposed to humidity (from bottom of the shell and possible water ingress from the trolley handle cavity)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, travsformation said:

We don't call him King Seba in our slack EUC World beta-testing and translation group for nothing!

KingSeba.png

I'm very honored, but... Damn, guys, I feel embarrassed :efeec46606: Although it's good that this crown has a cap... :efee612b4b: But seriously - I'm very happy to be a part of such an unique community and I love the moments when my knowledge or experience is helpful to members of this community.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I got kingsong ks14d

Model no ks14d1b200626f004. 

Did the firmware update. Smh connection broke and now I'm in the loop. Trying to update it. On euc updates to 100 percent and nothing happens. Phone says that it's connected, I press the button to turn on the light, the app responds but the wheel nope. Tried to turn the wheel upside down, keep charging all the time but can't get out of the loop. Please help. 

BTW if I keep pressing the power button for 10s straight the wheel just keeps constant beep

• Like 1