Tire Big Picture Questions

AtlasP

Given it is my understanding that:

• The majority of EUCs use a bicycle tire, with its size denoted as [<diameter>" x <width>"], where <diameter> is some weird measurement which is neither the rim diameter nor outside diameter, but rather somewhere between those two.
  • A few EUCs use a motorcycle tire, with its size denoted as [<width> - <diameter>], where <diameter> is the diameter of the rim.

Then these are my questions:

• Are the above premises correct?
  • Are the Monster and Sherman the only EUCs where the stock tire is a moto tire? What about any of the incarnations of MSX, or the weirdly-wide Z10, or the new V11 or S18? Any others?
  • Is the stock Sherman tire a moto tire of size 2.75-14 (as written on the tire)?
  • What is the stock Monster (V3) tire size (as written on the tire)?
  • Do we know anything about the new Monster Pro tire size?
Edited by AtlasP

You are correct in all your understandings.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:03 AM, AtlasP said:
  • Are the Monster and Sherman the only EUCs where the stock tire is a moto tire? What about any of the incarnations of MSX, or the weirdly-wide Z10, or the new V11 or S18? Any others?

They are. Z10 is an oddball, as it uses a custom tire. In my understanding the rim isn’t the standard 14” we see on other 18” wheels either. V11 is equipped with CST C-1488, S18 with CY H-5102, both familiar 18”x3.0” tires. MSX/P/S has come with H-5102, C-1488, or even with H-666 from some distributors, again all 18”x3.0”.

• Is the stock Sherman tire a moto tire of size 2.75-14 (as written on the tire)?

Yes.

• What is the stock Monster (V3) tire size (as written on the tire)?

IIRC, it’s a 2.75-18.

• Do we know anything about the new Monster Pro tire size?

I haven’t followed on it, so a bit pointless for me to even comment on it... but I think maybe it was 2.75-20?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

IIRC, it’s a 2.75-18.

As @Dancer posted above, the Monster tire has always been the same 2.75-17 and actually fitted to all versions.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1