I will never update my Ninebot S PLUS firmware again, Help Please !!

Friends,

Does anyone know how to remove the white cover from the bottom of the ninebot s plus ??

I am running the procedures that MRN76 created on the forum to repair ninebot in case of a problem with the firmware update.

I removed all 10 screws that hold the white cover to the bottom, but I still feel when trying to remove that it is stuck and I'm afraid to break the cover ...

do i need to do anything else?

Is there a video showing how to disassemble the s plus?

Thank you all.

4 hours ago, wlalve said:

I removed all 10 screws

12 screws, not 10

The first time, you have to force a little by pressing on the edges (under the forehead, and under the back light), there is a rubber seal inside, and this seal is very waterproof, the first time you have to press on all the sides to dismantle the hull

When you reassemble it, you will have to clean the seal well, and use dry air.
You can also check that no humidity has entered thanks to the red sticker, if there has been humidity, the red siticher in the hull becomes paint

jojo33 and all Friends,

I come back to finally confirm that everything is working again, for that I followed all the steps of the MRN 76 in the link below.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/19557-ninebot-mini-plus-s-plus-repair/

And as I always suspected the hardware was ok, it was enough to solve the firmware issue.

I would like to thank jojo33 in particular for all the attention and help.

Thank jojo33 ...

And for those who have the S PLUS, there is a tip to keep all the content of the link, because if something in the future happens that involves updating the firmware, maybe that can only be solved without having to send the Ninebot for maintenance by paying a high price for that...

Thank you...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/14/2020 at 7:40 PM, jojo33 said:

After updating the main control firmware, the main control restart vehicule will lose self-balance

I wonder if this is the dreaded update issue that there was on the mini plus when updating firmware many years ago (don't know if they ever reverted, i made a thread about it here on the forum 

).

Basically, the dreaded update meant that if you are riding and go over a bump so that feet jump and pedals don't detect them, it will shut off and you will face plant.

Easy to test as per thread