I will never update my Ninebot S PLUS firmware again, Help Please !!

I write from Brazil. I bought a Segway Ninebot S Plus 1 year ago, I never had any problems. But, last week, I updated the APP to version 5.x, made the connection via bluetooth and he requested a firmware update. All done without problems. Reduce the speed to the lowest possible speed (4 KM / H), because my 6 year old daughter wanted to walk. Everything is OK. I hung up Ninebot and put it away. The next day, when calling and trying to pair the app with Ninebot via bluetooth, to increase the speed to 20 KM / h, I can't do that anymore. I tried other devices (LG, SAMSUNG, ASUS, XIAOMI) and nothing, always returns connection error. Trying directly from outside the segway app (via the smartphone's bluetooth), he asks for a PIN number, which I don't know. As you can see below on this youtube link I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-jLRwy290&t=30s

I tried to go back to the APP version and it also didn't work. The remote control works normally and the ninebot is working normally, but now at a speed of 4 KM / H, whenever he steps and walks, he is alerted with a noise similar to a groan (he did not do this before), and of course passing 4 km / h it beeps and acts as if it is beyond the speed limit. As you can see in this other link that I posted on Youtube:

I contacted Segway directly through the app's own chat support. They were helpful, sent me several steps, first in relation to the App, nothing worked, afterwards to reset Ninebot (the same steps already described in this forum for MINIpro). In my case, in the step of pressing the power button and keeping the wheels tight, they never stop rotating alternately, I even waited 10 minutes and nothing ... and of course it didn't reset the device ... As you can see in the video posted on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoxY4kVIGE

need to correct this, but I have no way to send it to the segway because I am in Brazil, this problem I am convinced has to do with the update, In the application forum there is an American complaining about the same problem in his PLUS this week. Can someone help me ???

Thanks,

Wanderson

On 6/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, wlalve said:

Thanks

The problem for Mini is that there is a memorycache in the processor
and the information kept, play on the sensors, the whole behavior of the Mini
The old Hard reset method, erased this accumulated data
The Mini Plus is different
You have to redo everything after an update
including tutorials

tutorials and even the tutorial on the use of the remote control, can block the speed if they are not correctly completed and if the data is not sent correctly to the Ninebot server
I have already seen that

Please note: there has been a new application from Ninebot that means that there has been a new "server" for the Mini data, so you have to repeat the tutorials

sometimes there are network connection errors between the application and the server, you have to start again and wait until the tutorial data is sent to the ninebot servers
Also pay attention to the authorizations of the new application, they can be blocked in a phone using ANDROID, you must look at the authorizations of the application and grant them all (applications parameters)

The Mini plus works very well, but when there is a big change in its firmware, the priorities of the firmware can be changed

Reduce the speed to the lowest possible speed (4 KM / H)

He had to keep this speed data limited in memory, you have to look in the application, the speed parameters

If there was a new firmware, in addition to a new application (I saw the new app version, it gave me a problem)

If you can connect the Mini to the app
check the authentication status (without proper authentication, it can block the speed of the Mini)
relaunch the tutorials and redo them all

check in the speed circle if there is no speed blocked by default, into speed parameters too
When you use the old version of the application, check that the speed is not limited, log out of the old application, your account must be logged out
and reconnect with the news
also check that your accounts are the same
check authentication status

finally: in the steering bar
you will try that:
you disconnect the cable connecting the base to the steering bar (under the cover of the steering axle)
you turn on the Mini, without the cable connected
you try it
you do a factory reset
you turn off
you reconnect the cable
you do a factory reset

and if nothing work, no error code, ....Good luck....:D

Edited by jojo33

I write from Brazil. I bought a Segway Ninebot S Plus 1 year ago, I never had any problems. But, last week, I updated the APP to version 5.x, made the connection via bluetooth and he requested a firmware update. All done without problems. Reduce the speed to the lowest possible speed (4 KM / H), because my 6 year old daughter wanted to walk. Everything is OK. I hung up Ninebot and put it away. The next day, when calling and trying to pair the app with Ninebot via bluetooth, to increase the speed to 20 KM / h, I can't do that anymore. I tried other devices (LG, SAMSUNG, ASUS, XIAOMI) and nothing, always returns connection error. Trying directly from outside the segway app (via the smartphone's bluetooth), he asks for a PIN number, which I don't know. As you can see below on this youtube link I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-jLRwy290&t=30s

I tried to go back to the APP version and it also didn't work. The remote control works normally and the ninebot is working normally, but now at a speed of 4 KM / H, whenever he steps and walks, he is alerted with a noise similar to a groan (he did not do this before), and of course passing 4 km / h it beeps and acts as if it is beyond the speed limit. As you can see in this other link that I posted on Youtube:

I contacted Segway directly through the app's own chat support. They were helpful, sent me several steps, first in relation to the App, nothing worked, afterwards to reset Ninebot (the same steps already described in this forum for MINIpro). In my case, in the step of pressing the power button and keeping the wheels tight, they never stop rotating alternately, I even waited 10 minutes and nothing ... and of course it didn't reset the device ... As you can see in the video posted on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhoxY4kVIGE

need to correct this, but I have no way to send it to the segway because I am in Brazil, this problem I am convinced has to do with the update, In the application forum there is an American complaining about the same problem in his PLUS this week. Can someone help me ???

Thanks,

Wanderson

you are not alone! I have same problem and I living in EU. I think it is a bug on firmware they just released few days ago. By somehow my miniplus have been hard reset. All my data is gone with it. I have ride it for more than 3000km ( bought it in 2017). my vehicle just pop up message that I must to activated it again but I can't. It show that I must to contact with segway. 

Email to them have been sent and just got the first answer from them with simple question like where I living and where I bought my vehicle. Sent email to them again with my answer and wait for them to answer this. Let see how It going. 

Reset by upside-down vehicle, re-install app does not work at all.

• Like 1

I already met about 4 people who had the same problem ... and I don't know without a reset how they can solve it ??? because I can't even connect with bluetooth with you ... I haven't tried jojo33's procedures yet ... my hope is that it works ... I'll try this weekend ... but I keep you informed and find out something please inform me ... good lucky for us to lose such equipment that is not cheap because of an upgrade is too boring ..
  • Like 1

The other explanation may be as follows:
The new firmware with the new version of the application are connected to a server which possibly has not integrated the serial numbers of your Mini PLUS
To Hung Phan If you have a Mini PLUS bought in import (GEARBEST-GLOBALGROW), you must contact ninebot china and tell them that you bought it from GLOBALGROW

The hypothesis is probable, in 2016, Segway Ninebot europe and usa blocked the models bought in import and referenced in China, we called that the REGION LOCK

@Hung Phan & @wlalve

Can you please give me
your Mini Plus firmware versions installed?

Also try
by erasing or uninstalling the application and then connecting to the other regions (old app V4.6.2.0)

China

ASIA PACIFIC Singapour server

USA

Europe

Russia

Edited by jojo33

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue after new firmware update with my Sgway mini Plus. He ask me for activation, but say he can't find/activate my serial number. I've contacted from Segway Italy to Xiamomi Global, nobody can give me support. My Segway is from 2017 and is full functional, crazy that nobody give me a solution to activate (I reinstalled app and subscribe as Taywan with a VPN to have right Ip, but no activation as well). Please if somebody found a solution share...

On 7/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, Hung Phan said:

you are not alone! I have same problem and I living in EU. I think it is a bug on firmware they just released few days ago. By somehow my miniplus have been hard reset. All my data is gone with it. I have ride it for more than 3000km ( bought it in 2017). my vehicle just pop up message that I must to activated it again but I can't. It show that I must to contact with segway. 

Email to them have been sent and just got the first answer from them with simple question like where I living and where I bought my vehicle. Sent email to them again with my answer and wait for them to answer this. Let see how It going. 

Reset by upside-down vehicle, re-install app does not work at all.

Same problem me too

I have contact with Segway in Netherland but he just asked me where I bough it and then he did not answer my email more.

Then I tried to contact with Ninebot Asia but they told me that contact with Xiaomi Global. But Xiaomi Global can not help me because the Ninebot Mini Plus did not sell in global. So they told me to contact with Xiaomi in China. Already did it but first they told me to wait to next  firmware update then I told them that one guy in USA have been solver problem by call to Segway in USA and they just manual register his serial number to the server and then his mini plus working again. Then that agent I talked with tried to help me to register my serial number on server but no luck. The agent just said that he/she can not find my serial number on there server. Of cause how it can find on the server when it already swipe up by the stupid firmware. And then he/she told me that maybe I must to send all the vehicle back to China if I want to Xiaomi to repair it which is impossible. So I don't know what I will do next. 

See that guy in USA posted in Facebook that the agent on Segway told him that maybe Segway/Ninebot will release new firmware to fix that problem in next 2-3 weeks. I tried to send a message to this guy to confirm that post but he did not answer me yet. So just wait. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, jojo33 said:

The other explanation may be as follows:
The new firmware with the new version of the application are connected to a server which possibly has not integrated the serial numbers of your Mini PLUS
To Hung Phan If you have a Mini PLUS bought in import (GEARBEST-GLOBALGROW), you must contact ninebot china and tell them that you bought it from GLOBALGROW

The hypothesis is probable, in 2016, Segway Ninebot europe and usa blocked the models bought in import and referenced in China, we called that the REGION LOCK

@Hung Phan & @wlalve

Can you please give me
your Mini Plus firmware versions installed?

Also try
by erasing or uninstalling the application and then connecting to the other regions (old app V4.6.2.0)

China

ASIA PACIFIC Singapour server

USA

Europe

Russia

Hello @jojo33

I know that you know much more about Ninebot and Segway. So I just wanna ask about what happen if I change my mimi plus with lost serial number to a new motherboard. Will it take my mini plus back to life? 

Even if they release new firmware solving the problem, how are we going to update if we don't connect the ninebot with the app via Bluetooth ?? The version of my NInebot S PLUS and Chinese is the N4M340. I believe the problem is there. I found out that XIAOMI sells this model there in CHINA and I will try to see if with the MI HOME app from XIAOMI I can do it .. IF someone tries and gets a post here ....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, wlalve said:

Even if they release new firmware solving the problem, how are we going to update if we don't connect the ninebot with the app via Bluetooth ?? The version of my NInebot S PLUS and Chinese is the N4M340. I believe the problem is there. I found out that XIAOMI sells this model there in CHINA and I will try to see if with the MI HOME app from XIAOMI I can do it .. IF someone tries and gets a post here ....

can't you connect with your mini plus by bluetooth? 

what happen when you try to connect your phone with the mini plus? 

Oh man, sounds like a mess.  I will try to be very careful with my S Plus.  I don't really use it, as I prefer the MiniPro, but I was going to update it for higher speed and not sure how this might affect it if I need to update the App.  Hopefully I'm OK with existing App, I really don't want anything new from Ninebot for the Segway models they break everything always.  I want to see what they are going to do with the new MAX model though.

Up to the update everything worked fine. After updating the APP and Firmware at the end of May. I can no longer connect via bluetooth. Ninebot works perfectly, it just doesn't connect anymore. The problem is that before the update the speed decreases to 4 km / h for my 5 year old daughter to walk ... and now without connecting the speed is stuck at 4 km / h ... and ninebot s plus with maximum speed of 4 km / h equal to nothing, garbage .... What happens at the link: It just returns error.

2 hours ago, wlalve said:

Up to the update everything worked fine. After updating the APP and Firmware at the end of May. I can no longer connect via bluetooth. Ninebot works perfectly, it just doesn't connect anymore. The problem is that before the update the speed decreases to 4 km / h for my 5 year old daughter to walk ... and now without connecting the speed is stuck at 4 km / h ... and ninebot s plus with maximum speed of 4 km / h equal to nothing, garbage .... What happens at the link: It just returns error.

Can you try a different phone with different OS, or different version of the same OS?  The bluetooth seems to be attempting to connect, and it found the device, so some communication is happening. I hope you get a solution, you are right limited to 4km/hr is as good as dead.  You could try opening it and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it.

I tried on 5 different Samrtphones, IOS and Android, different versions of the APP .. I tried other apps in this case it asks for PID code .. I tried using MI HOME from XIAOMI and he doesn't even find ninebot, even logging me in CHINA. My model and the M4N340 made by CHINA for the Chinese market. I read somewhere that they were blocking the app of these models that are outside of CHINA, I don't know if it's true ... As I am in Brazil ... IS THERE an EMAIL to support the Chinese segway ??? I am still paying for this business that now is useless ..

16 minutes ago, wlalve said:

"You could try opening it and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it." Is there a tutorial or video showing how to do ??

Maybe Jojo has a video link for that, I think I saw a complete teardown of the plus, but can't remember where.  Do a search for Ninebot S Plus Teardown,  maybe it was EcoDrift they take everything apart down to the bones.

Hello @FreeRide

Hello @wlalve

Hello @Hung Phan

Hello @Aval

You can't give me the firmware version, can you? Because you cannot connect the application....

I think that the problem does not come from the firmware, but that it comes from the new application 5.0.10 and the server, as you have well observed

Once someone was stuck with the app
We cleared the cache or uninstalled and reinstalled the application
We created a new account, with another email address (never use before with ninebot server)
we validated the authentication with the code sent to the email address (look at spam), this code, you have one minute to put in the application and thus authenticate the email

In this case, the server recognizes the email address of this new account authenticated as secure

Let me know if it works, please

or :o

You absolutely must be able to connect to the Mini Plus with the old version 4.6.2.0 

hoping that the path that connects the old version of the application to the server, is not disabled
I don't think so, because I use the old version, and I connect to my Mini PLUS N4M340 (Gearbest / Globalgrow) every day

You can find it here https://www.apkmonk.com/app/cn.ninebot.ninebot/

Allow "unknown sources" in your phone
To activate unknown source search your model on Google with " unknown sources, activate develop mode on android forum"

Create new account or use old account

and

finally

please check this options:

Speed limit locked into the speed circle with "a locker"

or

parameters > remote control > option Button Mode Camera (or camera button mode" > check if Limited mode is selected (3 mode are available : 1 Lock/Unlock ; 2 Limited Mode ; 3 Turn on/tur, off  light")

Please don't start disassembling the battery or trying to change the motherboard, ok friends ? Issue is not from here im sure

but

If you manage to establish contact with the application, please restart all the tutorials correctly...

ok ;) (and please, everybody contact me in private message, i need to know where you bought exactly your Mini Plus , i will help you, i always help Mini users, because im passionate and i know, you like me, everywhere in the world, we are alone with our passion)

.....like this post :

On 6/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, wlalve said:

Thanks

The problem for Mini is that there is a memorycache in the processor
and the information kept, play on the sensors, the whole behavior of the Mini
The old Hard reset method, erased this accumulated data
The Mini Plus is different
You have to redo everything after an update
including tutorials

tutorials and even the tutorial on the use of the remote control, can block the speed if they are not correctly completed and if the data is not sent correctly to the Ninebot server
I have already seen that

Please note: there has been a new application from Ninebot that means that there has been a new "server" for the Mini data, so you have to repeat the tutorials

sometimes there are network connection errors between the application and the server, you have to start again and wait until the tutorial data is sent to the ninebot servers
Also pay attention to the authorizations of the new application, they can be blocked in a phone using ANDROID, you must look at the authorizations of the application and grant them all (applications parameters)

The Mini plus works very well, but when there is a big change in its firmware, the priorities of the firmware can be changed

On 6/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, wlalve said:

Reduce the speed to the lowest possible speed (4 KM / H)

He had to keep this speed data limited in memory, you have to look in the application, the speed parameters

If there was a new firmware, in addition to a new application (I saw the new app version, it gave me a problem)

If you can connect the Mini to the app
check the authentication status (without proper authentication, it can block the speed of the Mini)
relaunch the tutorials and redo them all

check in the speed circle if there is no speed blocked by default, into speed parameters too
When you use the old version of the application, check that the speed is not limited, log out of the old application, your account must be logged out
and reconnect with the news
also check that your accounts are the same
check authentication status

finally: in the steering bar
you will try that:
you disconnect the cable connecting the base to the steering bar (under the cover of the steering axle)
you turn on the Mini, without the cable connected
you try it
you do a factory reset
you turn off
you reconnect the cable
you do a factory reset

and if nothing work, no error code, ....Good luck....:D

Not "good luck" :if nothing work please send me private email

Edited by jojo33

I have exactly the same issue. I contact with everyone (China, Netherland) nothing. After one point they just dont answer... If anyone have any ideas.. And I have done all the above, with 4 phones, 2 tables, event try with PC, nothing!....

And after almost 2 months of contact, i sent today this email to all of them xiaomi, segway, ninebot:

To whom it may concern

All my troubles with your device is your responsibility. You sell somenthng so expensive, then you change your servers or sell your company or whatever, and by your software u are leaving your costumers with a bricked device.
And if u dont believe me tale a look at this link to see how many people had this activation problem to already activated devices.
And the solution is very simple, if any of you had the decency to take a look at this problem. Just write our serials to ur new servers and unlock our vehicles!

take a look and respond pls. To hide is not an answer 

and i get this answer from ninebot china

Dear Akind,

we are apologize for below situation, please aware that we have already escalated this case to the related team to follow up, and we will come back with you about what we could do to help you. thank you.

And so I am waiting for a decent response because i payed a lot of money for something that is just a brick now, with out my fault. If any of u want, we can search even for legal ways.

the email is service@ninebot.com

I communicate with their guy today. The solution to my problem was to change the serial number through his credentials so the vehical can be activated again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Akind said:

@wlalve

@Pavel Dyakov

@Hung Phan

@Aval

Yes ninebot china service always answer

but too, i think everybody need send his serial number (sticker on package) to zhifeng.xu@ninebot.com for they register yours serial into their servers

and the great Ninebot Number 2 Mr Wang cid.wang@ninebot.com

Wang is the chief engineer

I have already written to him about, but he did not answer me, explain the situation to him, the problem

ask him for integrate yours serial numbers, if he agrees to help you, he will order the service to do so

Edited by jojo33

On 7/18/2020 at 8:06 AM, Akind said:

I communicate with their guy today. The solution to my problem was to change the serial number through his credentials so the vehical can be activated again.

Did they fix that problem you have with your mini plus yet?