Firmware 1.3.0 now released!

Cranium

5 hours ago, cbgti said:

@Cranium :   What is your maximum speed of your N20 9B1 (in the app) with your N10 motherboard and firmware 1.3.0 now?

You always have the N10 serial, right ?

Is your 9B1 slower than you had your N20 motherboard? 

I always thought the difference of maximum speed between N10 and N20 is just a question of serial number...

I ask this to you because I have a N10 and a N20 at home... ;-)

To be honest, I don't see a difference between the N10 & N20 boards as far as speed goes.  I received a N10 board as a replacement to my N20 but then changed the serial number to a N20 to activate it   So as the screenshot shows, the serial number of my Ninebot is the same in the software.

When I initially got on the NB1 with the new control board, I thought it was slower than what the app showed which is why I broke out the Garmin 1000 to find out for sure what my speed was. 

So what is the difference between the N10 & N20 boards?  From what I see it is: 1) Mosfets 2) Gyro/Accelerometer is on a breakout board on the N10 and mounted on the main PCB on the N20. 3) PCB color is black on the N10 and green on the N20.  That's all I see.  I didn't scrape off all of the waterproofing to look at all the ICs to see if the processor changed or anything else though.  I will be doing that on my old board but won't on the new board unless I really get bored.  lol

My P should arrive on Tuesday so I will be opening it up and taking some shots of the control board it has to compare.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cranium said:

... 2) Gyro/Accelerometer is on a breakout board on the N10 and mounted on the main PCB on the N20. 3) PCB color is black on the N10 and green on the N20.

Isn't it actually the opposite ? What is sure anyway is that I own a N20 and my PCB is black with gyro on a breakout board :P

1 minute ago, faipassa said:

Isn't it actually the opposite ? What is sure anyway is that I own a N20 and my PCB is black with gyro on a breakout board :P

It isn't the opposite for mine.  My N20 v1.3.1 board is on the left and the replacement N10 v1.3 board is on the right.  The barcode on the v1.3.1 reads P51150800724 and the barcode on the v1.3 reads P31150307630. 

Post yours to compare.

P1020358.thumb.JPG.62bc7a2ee607eff52c689

1 hour ago, Cranium said:

It isn't the opposite for mine.  My N20 v1.3.1 board is on the left and the replacement N10 v1.3 board is on the right.  The barcode on the v1.3.1 reads P51150800724 and the barcode on the v1.3 reads P31150307630. 

Post yours to compare.

Great info cranium.....clearest to date that I've seen.  I like to think this industry is comparable to the consumer drone(quadcopter) industry....bad firmware updates, new laws and growing exponentially.   

I went out a bit ago to do a speed test of the 1.3.0 firmware.  There is no discernible difference between the speed of 1.2.2 and 1.3.0.  The kickback started at the same speed (~13.5MPH) and max speed is the same.  I was able to get up to 14.7MPH momentarily before it started beeping.  I'm not the type to push through the beeps and tiltback so it can probably be peaked a bit higher.

The upper graph was taking on a Garmin 1000 bike computer.  The lower graph was taken on a Garmin Fenix 3 watch.  I set the Fenix 3 to record every second to get a more accurate representation of the ride.  You can see the constant speed fluctuation with the tiltback kicking in, me slowing down, then speeding up as the platforms lowered again.

V1.2.2 Firmware

56573eff9a50d_Garminride-1.2.2firmware.P

V1.3.0 Firmware

5657428d4f860_Garminride-1.3firmware.PNG

4 hours ago, Cranium said:

Post yours to compare.

Post yours to compare.

9B1_Motherboard_N20_v1.3.thumb.jpg.a42b4

It is actually a board v1.3 identical to your one. The only difference is that mine is mounted on a N20 bot :-)

On Thu Nov 26 2015 09:17:29 GMT-0800, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Great info cranium.....clearest to date that I've seen.  I like to think this industry is comparable to the consumer drone(quadcopter) industry....bad firmware updates, new laws and growing exponentially.   

Wondering why cegalo gave me negative for this post....? At least explain your reasoning.  It was nothing more than praise for cranium.

Ok updated to 1.3 and went for 4 mile trek.  NB e+ n10

Big change to pedal feel. I made sure on 0 setting.  Much tighter feel....but i actually feel it is giving me more resistance when i try to "punch" it.  That leaves a feeling of slower response time.  On the plus side going down hills was more controlled due to that resistance....less tilt back situations.   No changes in speed.  

I think the report of increased power feeling is the tightness increase on pedal movement.

On that photo, those boards are different, there is actually new routings and components in the 1.3.1 board...

basicly it's like they said we painted rainbow whit 1000 colors and someone comes along and says hey we can paint it whit 800 colors and it's the same...

40 miles over 2 days on 1.3.0, no issues.  I don't know how to compare to prior versions as these are the first two days I've really been able to ride.  I'm using the "3" riding setting as I'm not ready for the extreme responsiveness of 0, and higher values seem not to respond fast enough.  I found it easier to learn on higher settings.

On Fri Nov 27 2015 13:10:39 GMT-0800, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Ok updated to 1.3 and went for 4 mile trek.  NB e+ n10

Big change to pedal feel. I made sure on 0 setting.  Much tighter feel....but i actually feel it is giving me more resistance when i try to "punch" it.  That leaves a feeling of slower response time.  On the plus side going down hills was more controlled due to that resistance....less tilt back situations.   No changes in speed.  

I think the report of increased power feeling is the tightness increase on pedal movement.

Follow up....getting used to tighter feeling and really liking it! 1.3 is looking like a great upgrade

Flashed my Ninebot One e+ this morning with the 1.3.0 firmware. Been riding it for about 90 minutes no problems so far. Most of it Speeding up and slowing down quickly. Practicing going backward. Man is that going slow almost as bad as learning to ride the darn thing. I also was doing a bit of slalom through cones. so far so good. I think this will be a stable release at least for my N20 e+.:rolleyes:

Archived