Music Gear

MetricUSA

I have a Zune HD (no software to access it, bought used w/all music on it) that I use while I ride, half filled with 1700 songs, I have to use a Bluetooth transceiver connected to Zune to stream the music to my Kingsong 18 XL....

Looking for a mp3 player with Bluetooth, that is not a crappy Chinese knockoff, which there are a ton of on Amazon....they literally have no music management...just files you scroll down... HELL NO...

What do you people use on your ride??? I suppose most just use their phones...

I also have cardo on my helmet that has Fm radio if I'm desperate...(anyone use cardo in group rides????)

Edited by MetricUSA
  • Like 1

I use my lemfo lemt smart watch. But, I run eucw on it at same time, and its probably not the greatest solution. Really piss poor bluetooth. I dont like to wear it, but it cuts out when in my pocket.  Lately Ive been velcroing it under my handle, but its not accessible or readable during rides. I am also wondering what people are using for dedicated bluetooth music, something that doesnt cut out when in a pocket, something reasonably priced and with a decent file management system. 4-6 hour battery life maybe?  Great question @MetricUSA! I bet if it was teeny tiny, i'd just velcro the damn thing under my handle and call it 'built in stereo'. Charge the damn thing with the wheel too. catch 22, too small and file management sucks.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 5/11/2020 at 1:07 AM, MetricUSA said:

What do you people use on your ride??? I suppose most just use their phones...

Yes ticwatch pro 2018 512Mb ram (model is cheaper now because model 2020 exist) and Phone (android) with software poweramp (classic version + plugin for Wear OS).

I can swipe down smartwatch screen and can control volume ,track select, play pause. If i double tap smartwatch screen(in eucworld ) HORN sound pop up.

And i use smartwatch like credit card NCF. Eucworld monitor my hearth speedmeter all eucworld inportant things on smartwatch.  Maximum price/efectivity. 

Amazing combination.  I cant imagine other "gadget"what have more price/efectivity on any EUC.

5 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Amazing combination.  I cant imagine other "gadget"what have more price/efectivity on any EUC.

Is that one standalone, or does it need another device (phone) to operate? More like a remote interface..

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Is just smartwatch not stand alone ,you need  Bluetooth conection from phone like all others smartwatch. I forgot mention by just 2x push hardware buttons and i can switch google map(navigation) and back to EUCWORLD is seconds. Because ticwatch pro have 1 programable hardware buton for me is shortcut to eucworld.  Best is i no need have phone in hand hours.

And primary i use for vibration alarms in eucworld for maximum not beep aceleration current alarms set to 32A. Or i seitch eucworld screen to see actual current and power consumption an try ride maximum efectivity "eco" ride. Batery hold 7+ hours normal use no problem at all(automatic brighitnes). In emergency case (i forgot charge) i charge watch in 19min to 75% just plug to my ks16x USB. I absolutely no regrets purchase this smartwatch and i not use it in normal "life"" only on EUC is just part of my gear like helmet.

Yep, phone for me. I have my Pebble buttons assigned, so the top right button opens EUCW, middle is Pebble menu access and bottom right is the Pebble music player which then controls my phone, streamed to my JBL Flip 5. Works really well, as the Pebble player can control volume, pause track and skip tracks. I often flick between EUCW and the music player on the Pebble as it's so easy (2 button pushes). I don't need a large, readable music menu system as I created a 'wheel playlist' on my phone which has all my favourite riding tracks. I rarely take my phone out of my pocket during a ride :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Iphone 2020 SE

Music is LOSSLESS hig est quality only , I dont buy any music MP#.. but I will drop sound-cloud lossless tracks to itunes for ride listing.

I use Apple latest pro audio wireless to iPhone and/ or  Headstage latest portable lossless Amp with Unique melody Merlins (extra bass fun audio soundstage)  In-Ear phones for my rifdes.

Banging tunes dude.

Bluetooth via my Motorola G6, with Amazon Prime music.

(If you buy this book for $9, then you get three months of full Prime Music, which usually costs $15/month).

I do often just bring my guitar or ukulele and play that. It's pretty easy (the advantage of a completely hands free vehicle). I do also have a violin but playing the violin on a wheel is ludicrously hard and it's leaning towards "circus act".