Muscle soreness and foot fatigue.

meciah1017

Got my euc yesterday. First time ever on a euc but after about an hour was riding pretty nicely. Went for a 30 mile ride which took about 5 hours for me. My feet were numb as crap afterwards. The next day both my legs were sore but I did another 2 hour ride pushing through it, trying not to use the cushions too much. But my feet were killing me after an hour. Any tips to help alleviate foot pain and muscle sores in the legs? 

• Like 3

it's too early to develop necessary muscles in only 2 days.
ride that thing more and more and pain will go away

.... only thing that will remain will be a big sticky smile on your face :)))

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 3

You are doing great!!  Very impressive. Don't push it though. Believe it or not you will continue to get better over the next 3 months. Just when you think you have learned all you can your skill continues to improve. My answer is to take short breaks. Stop and get some blood to those feet. Second, learn to shift your feet around as you ride, although I believe it is too early for that. Third when the time comes learn to carve a bit. this improves rider skill and gets blood to the feet. Fourth be safe and keep that blood off the pavement. :thumbup:

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

That's really impressive @meciah1017! It's somewhat analogous to going to the gym and lifting the heaviest weights you can instead of working up to them slowly. 10 or 20 minute rides in the beginning should be fine, depending on your muscle fitness of course, more than that could possibly lead to temporary discomfort.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After riding at least 3 times a week and stomping down about 300 miles, my feet still get a little sore on a 25mph /30 mile ride.  Its too damn fun to stop, so I just keep repositioning my feet and run the battery dry.  My first 30 mile nonstop flight almost killed me as i wasnt conditioned at all. Now, its mild discomfort. Just as anything physical, your body has to build up for it. How long it takes is subjective, as how quickly do you normally build muscle tone? How good a shape is the EXACT muscle groups you use on an euc, already at? Expecting to do something as physically demanding as micromanaging your balance while leaning forward for extended periods without muscle fatigue, is less likely than typical soreness. Ask a roofer or mason how long it took to not be sore after a standard days work... Same general philosophy.  You could exercise independently from the wheel, to speed up the acclimation/conditioning. Me, i hate 'workouts', so I ride baby ride...and it doesnt 'seem' like a workout, but it is. Im just sad that riding an euc isnt much cardio unless you are pushing harsh trails like a bandit.

• Like 3