I tried calibrating by shorting the two points

It only beeps

And then a never ending long beep

I noticed one thing when connect the 3 phase wires with transparent green caps

The motor doesnt rotate freely with or without battery

When i remove that the rotor moves freely manually

The beep never ends

Also two days back sane connections

legway had stabilized but didnt move when tilted and stopped again immediately and since then only beeps

This is the video showing problem

https://youtu.be/NG95tXu8BFc

P.S This isn't the original legway motherboard.i dont even know the hall wires connections

But one good electronics person told me the red and black are proper

And i did try combinations for other 3

Pls help

PLS SEE THE VIDEO AND HELP ASAP 

IMG_20151111_234941.jpg

Hello

I did not understand the video. To calibrate by joining the 2 wires, the wheel must be vertical (lateral and longitudinal) and above ground, wheel not touching. On calibration, the wheel turns 3 rounds in a way, 3 rounds the other then beeps and it is finished.

5 hours ago, Maxime said:

Hello

I did not understand the video. To calibrate by joining the 2 wires, the wheel must be vertical (lateral and longitudinal) and above ground, wheel not touching. On calibration, the wheel turns 3 rounds in a way, 3 rounds the other then beeps and it is finished.

I tried that too

The thing is whenever i press the on button.it only beeps.i tried vertical too.wheel doesnt spin.one problem i noticed is that

When the wheel is connected ti the threephase wires(the wires with green caps) the motor brakes every quarter turns when freely rotated,while moves freely when disconnected 

Doesnt matter if the battery is connected or no

A checklist I used when replacing my controller (you may already know most of this but just in case):

• Make sure the controller is securely mounted onto the case with screws, in the right orientation
  • Make sure the casing is properly screwed together and secure
  • Make sure all wires are connected to the controller
  • When guessing the hall sensor cables, red and black should match, the remaining 3 just try until you find what works
  • The 3 phase wires should match colours or keep trying these until you get a good result
  • Short the calibration pin (on your controller I guess it is the black pin to the right of the row of white pin headers)

You seem to have done all the above in your video so:

• Mount the EUC onto some blocks so the wheel can spin freely whilst the EUC sits upright and stable
  • Turn it on (the wheel most be upright otherwise this wont work) if the wheel spins, leave it until the spinning stops, sometimes it can take 20-40 seconds
  • Keep trying different hall/phase wire combinations (try phase wires first as they are most likely to make the wheel not work at all)
  • It looks like you're using a heavy duty wire terminal block to join the hall sensor cables - I'm not 100% sure but this may cause an issue, the wires should be connected directly as they are very sensitive signals. Mine wasn't working because the cables where not touching fully & so it caused signal loss.

If you have tried all this, the problem could lie in the motor (detached hall sensor in the motor) or just an incorrect controller.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

A checklist I used when replacing my controller (you may already know most of this but just in case):

• Make sure the controller is securely mounted onto the case with screws, in the right orientation
  • Make sure the casing is properly screwed together and secure
  • Make sure all wires are connected to the controller
  • When guessing the hall sensor cables, red and black should match, the remaining 3 just try until you find what works
  • The 3 phase wires should match colours or keep trying these until you get a good result
  • Short the calibration pin (on your controller I guess it is the black pin to the right of the row of white pin headers)

You seem to have done all the above in your video so:

• Mount the EUC onto some blocks so the wheel can spin freely whilst the EUC sits upright and stable
  • Turn it on (the wheel most be upright otherwise this wont work) if the wheel spins, leave it until the spinning stops, sometimes it can take 20-40 seconds
  • Keep trying different hall/phase wire combinations (try phase wires first as they are most likely to make the wheel not work at all)
  • It looks like you're using a heavy duty wire terminal block to join the hall sensor cables - I'm not 100% sure but this may cause an issue, the wires should be connected directly as they are very sensitive signals. Mine wasn't working because the cables where not touching fully & so it caused signal loss.

If you have tried all this, the problem could lie in the motor (detached hall sensor in the motor) or just an incorrect controller.

Thanks for a very explanatory reply

I will do all this and update :)

Archived