My riding experiences of Electric Unicycle

Here I’d like to share one article which shared by one guy who has been playing Electric Unicycle for 3 years. 

I have tried around 10 sets of Electric unicycles (I will use EU in the following article). Here I’d like to share my own riding experience with all of you. Well, I can feel the performance and the technology of the whole EU industry are keeping improving continually. Also, I have found many issues like scratching due to the pedal clearance from the ground, too soft not good to play tricks, or the pedal is not well-designed. And Personally, I suggest to buy EU with good qualities rather than cheap ones, it is more safter.

Following are my comments of some of the brands I tried before. Maybe your riding experience differs from mine. Following are just my own riding experience, my own view!

IPS:

Current models are without BT and LED lights.

Only one power indicator, can’t give end users detailed information

Most models don’t have a good mileage, currently, their top selling models are  with 260wh and 350wh battery

16” is a tad soft, will have a buffer when braking, and not suitable for playing tricks.

Airwheel:

Airwheel is popular compared to other brands, but their products are with low speed, no good mileage, besides, the appearance is not outstanding. I am not satisfy with it’s performance in overall. As mentioned, just personal ideas. Maybe newbies would like it…

F-wheel

Most of their models target at entry level market until the Dolphin comes out, I like the design, it is with BT , LED lights and pull bar as well, but I suffered electricity cut out issue during riding and not so conformatable when riding.

Ninebot one

Elegant design! 16”, features LED lights and has a mileage of 30 kilometer, the top speed is around 20km/h. But I felt it is too soft, when turning, the front of the device will lower down. But anyway, I like the design.

Gotway

High speed, high navigation. Without BT, without Speaker, and frankly speaking, I don’t like the design. There are 3 riding modes for your choice, but all of them are a tad soft. And the silicon pad against the leg is a bit too hard. In addition to that, I think the pedal is not wide enough, easy to slipper when playing.

Inmotion

Only one model currently, the speed is pretty low for me, and with two wheels, not so agile.

King Song

A new brand in the market, private tooling with full functions, 14” and 18” are available currenty. All of their models are with high speed, can achieve 32km/h, even 35km/h (You may fall over ) .They pay close attention to every details. Like

Using PU foam instand of silicon pad, much more comfortable

Customized Pedal, thick enough, wide enough, to ensure the fixability.

Button buttons instead of physical ones

Braking lights & Illuminating lights to ensure safety riding

BT for music, 4 speakers, Hi-Fi, loud enough

App control, 3 riding modes for your choice

USB port to charge gardgets

Restore automatically when place vertically after falliing over

post-82-0-55865900-1428033178_thumb.jpg

This thread has been moved to "Advertisements" from "General Chat" because a forum member reported it as being biased (and I have to agree) since every review had negatives except King Song.  Tina Wong, despite having met you at your factory with Kevin for a tour can you please introduce yourself to all the members of this forum yourself?  That said, the King Song electric unicycles that I tested yesterday were pretty good and I was surprised.  However, some of the statements about other brands were incorrect.  For example, Gotway DOES have BT.

Tina, it's important to include Solowheel in a roundup as they were the first to produce one. They are also the only one that believes they are the real, and best one. They are also the most expensive one of all. Consumers may think we are biased when Solowheel is not mentioned but once we compare it against other wheels, consumers will have a better upstanding. ie. we have to educate them to be smarter buyers.

Again poor sales tactics here.

Why can't you sellers just advertise your product without resorting to such games? Believe me, it works better when you just introduce yourself and your product and maybe point to a couple of genuine testimonials about YOUR product. This review is clearly BIASED.

Sucessful chinese companies, that do well overseas, resist the need to play such games and actually focus on making good product.

MY 2c.

Agreed that this is a blatent advertisement. That being said, I wouldn't mind more information. Such as pictures from other angles, perhaps showing other colors. What is shown is rather ugly for a color choice, it looks like a child's toy in color. Battery capacity list, and perhaps a price before shipping?

I think this is "Chinese" strategy, but as you say this way they do not get suecessful with oversea consumers.

As example is ninebot here more sucessful, but this is very fast clear if you go to there homepage.

I would say that for GotWay it is technically possible to go oversea and have one of the best products with a good product line in the EU sector, but it will not go this way (if there is any way so far) to sale sucessfull oversea.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree this selling tactic would have probably worked more on my parents, but the thing is my parents would never buy an EU and they are not your target demographic. 

Putting that aside I have to say that the features seem good, would be nice with more spec details and numbers.

Visual design for me is really ugly and if there was an award for most ugly I think it would get it.  I thought my current wheel was ugly.

Hmm, thought this would be informative, but it is not really.

What do you mean by an EU beging 'too soft' for example.

I have obviously not ridden as many EU's as you have, your statement doesn't mean much to me.

I have a Solowheel which I really like and feel comfortable with. Every other EU I have tried was very stiff and not very agile and that even includes the first (1000W) models of the SW.

As for the hidden advertising, I agree with others that this sort of 'add' will work counter productive quickly.

(Wish there was a place where you could try different EU's after another to see which one fits you best).

• 1 month later...

For BT speaker this alone, I would guess King Song is a not very mature manufacturer.

You don't need this at all. Nobody likes a noisy EU rider on a pedestrian walk. And when it is loud how can you hear the high speed alarm. Technology is for real need not for showing off or redundant functions. 

The only other brand that offers BT speaker that I am aware of is F-Wheel "dolphin" class. I saw someone commented that music sound breaks up when riding. Anyway, BT speaker and USB charger for phones just don't fit right with EUs. A portable battery that can charge both mobile and EUs would be impressive.

Archived