Any former/currentACM owners? I have a question.

Hi just been for a blast on my ACM s+. I know its an older wheel but perhaps someone can help. Every now and again seemingly as i brake harder down hill though i believe it did it very slightly over a bump. I hear a strange sou d kind of like when you run over a plastic bottle or food container on the street in your car (cant think of another way to describe it really. Very much a plastic crunch or very hard rub. It happens for only a split second then nothing. can be a little disconcerting. Anyone had this happen. I did wonder if its the tyre deforming and catching the case somewhere but i cant seem to make it do it really. Any ideas? 

Is the sound similar to the "magnet sound" you hear if you change direction very quickly and strongly (in a pendulum)? Low speed direction changes? A bit like grating or sand rubbing in the wheel?

If yes, maybe one magnet of your motor is demagnetized and "slips" under high stress and produces a similar sound?

That's the best idea I can come up with - be aware it is pure speculation, haven't heard of this happening before.

Maybe it's tire related, but I think probably not. It's always good to check your tire pressure (3 bar is standard) and extremely carefully and thoroughly (easy to miss) look and feel (with your fingers) whether tire or tire rim have some deformation, so you can do that, won't hurt.

• Like 2

I've never heard of such a thing. If we could hear it then we may better be able to help. My two ACM2's have never exhibited any strange behavior.

• Like 1

Yeah its a strange one.  I did 3-4 miles after it did it the first time and nothing. Then today again nothing for miles. I have had a good look with an inspection light and there's no damage and notging stuck. Leave it with me i will try and get out over the next few nights and see if i can get it to repeat it. Thanks for the replies guys. 

• Like 2

hmm, both my acm's and all gotway wheels have a unique motor sound when going really slow or stopped, reminiscent of grinding or crunching plastic but nowhere near as loud as that would actually be.. kingsongs are the opposite loud af while riding but no noises when going really slow or idle.. inmotion and ninebot always silent.. I will say I've never heard it while braking though... this is just my personal experience there are thousands of each model so i cant say definitively.. you should post a short video or sound clip

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancer said:

Have you checked the axle nuts and the screws holding the case to the pedal hangers?

rare on a 16" wheel but definitely not impossible.. especially pedal hanger screws being loose that could be a cause of strange behavior for sure

I must admit....i might have a look just incase.....really shouldnt be. Wheel has only logged 25 miles prior to me buying it. Saying that though it did enjoy a few days throwing me off and laughing at me. I may have tweaked something while it did doughnuts on my face :)

• Like 2